NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a huge amount of searching to try and find out what and where the hose connector is on the driver's side of my intake on a 2002 1.8T. I see pictures that don't have one and the ones that have one, it doesn't show where it goes. Does anyone have a shot that they can show me? It comes straight out of the intake and is horizontal to the ground. I also replaced my PCV today and I don't see a place for that hose. My local dealership tells me and did show me a picture that it needs to go to a nipple on the bottom front of the intake near the oil dipstick.
I am trying to put some things back in place that the previous owner failed to do. Thanks in advance. I can post pictures if necessary.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to take the hose off and found out that it is the top or the PCV hose. $85 to replace the hose at the dealership.. :dunno:
I did my own thing for about $3.:guitar:

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Again, post up some pics; if it is the typical pcv hose, it is very common for those to deteriorate; cause running issues etc. So much so; that the aftermarket has made upgraded Silicone versions, that will probably last forever. These are made by two companies: Eurojet and 034 Motorsports. 034, offers two kits; based upon your engine code, just be sure to get the right one. While these kits; may sound expensive, they fix a problem that is very common and it is cheaper, then buying all the hoses from that dealer (that will fail again soon):mad:. These kits fix the problem for good! :)

EUROJET RACING: MK4 GTI/GLI 1.8 PCV HOSE KIT

SKU: EJ401-M20-03-01

MK4 GTI/GLI 1.8 PCV Hose Kit | Eurojet Racing

Breather Hose Kit, Early Mk4 Volkswagen 1.8T AWV/AWW/AWP, Reinforced Silicone

Part Number: 034-101-3006
Manufacturer: 034Motorsport

Breather Hose Kit, Early Mk4 Volkswagen 1.8T AWV/AWW/AWP, Reinforced Silicone - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

Breather Hose Kit, Late Mk4 Volkswagen 1.8T AWP, Reinforced Silicone

Part Number: 034-101-3007
Manufacturer: 034Motorsport

Breather Hose Kit, Late Mk4 Volkswagen 1.8T AWP, Reinforced Silicone - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I get a chance, I will post some.
Honestly, this is a project car for my daughter who is not yet driving. I don't expect this car to be around forever and the 1/2" hose that I put on the PCV to a 90 degree elbow to a 3/8" hose to the intake will work just fine for now.
I am an old car guy. This Beetle stuff is interesting!:D

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Cost is always a factor and how long you will have the car; in my case, the hose from the dealer was more expensive! I figured; the stock hose would fail again and the silicone would last forever! I still have it on my car and it is still is fine! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts