NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted in the right section for once :D

What choice is there for intercoolers :confused:

Be nice to do some research of which will go into the Bug.
Then see if i can find one :)

Done the Stage 1 remap, can't get the Hybrid Turbo and Stage 2 until i have the intercooler. So that's why i am asking for recommendations :)

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
Posted in the right section for once :D

What choice is there for intercoolers :confused:

Be nice to do some research of which will go into the Bug.
Then see if i can find one :)

Done the Stage 1 remap, can't get the Hybrid Turbo and Stage 2 until i have the intercooler. So that's why i am asking for recommendations :)
Tyrolsport is really the only plug and play option. I don't see it as a requirement for further mods, unless you are regularly going on the track or continually driving at way above legal speeds with your foot to the floor. In normal day to day driving (even while giving it the beans), its just not going to get heatsoaked enough to matter. Even if it did, all it would do is pull back fueling slightly.

If you feel the need to drop the coin anyways:
http://www.tyrolsport.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=nbsmic

Sent from my DROID2

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tyrolsport is really the only plug and play option. I don't see it as a requirement for further mods, unless you are regularly going on the track or continually driving at way above legal speeds with your foot to the floor. In normal day to day driving (even while giving it the beans), its just not going to get heatsoaked enough to matter. Even if it did, all it would do is pull back fueling slightly.

If you feel the need to drop the coin anyways:
TyrolSport New Beetle SMIC - Comparison of new beetle intercooler vs. our UG SMIC

Sent from my DROID2
Thankyou very much for the link and the extra write up. Just need to source one now :)

I think it's better to have one just in case. If it's not used as much, then hopefully it will last longer :) Thanks again for the info, i didn't realise you didn't need one :)

·
Registered
11,589 Posts

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
I think it's better to have one just in case. If it's not used as much, then hopefully it will last longer :) Thanks again for the info, i didn't realise you didn't need one :)
Intercoolers dont wear out...

Sent from my DROID2

·
Registered
99 Posts
True, but they will oxidize and get nasty on the outside as well as inside. With oil and dust/dirt, anything that makes it past the air filter.
Rocks and bugs usually do them in after a few years for FMIC's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I roll the car forward and its already heat soaked.
If I push I hit 130 IATs in 80-ish weather, anything hotter, like the whole period from May-Now then 140-150. Cruising around 120 during the day, 80-90 at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts