NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Title User Custom
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Originally I made a 3-D printed set in pink for my wife. Given the nature of the originals to break, it seemed like there might be some people looking for a set of cheaper cup holders to fit in the original location. Despite the lack of the smooth appearance, it ended up looking tons better. Been working at this for awhile, and have finally gotten to the point where I am able to gauge interest in this. Mainly are there people that want these as a replacement for the factory cup holders? If so what colors would be wanted?

Also been working on a few other items for common broken trim items. Such as the interior hatch trim, and a few others in hopes of solving some common issues as well which I will post up as I finish them.

·
Title User Custom
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they have the feet just like the factory ones. Only main difference is I did not make provisions for the factory rubber retainer ring, and used the area to add extra thickness instead.

·
Title User Custom
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at doing them at $40 for a full set of all 4. All of them are the same style and can be used in any spot just fine. Currently I have the supplies to do them in black, pink, and grey. Though I have yet to make any grey ones. I am trying to run off a few sets, it's not the fastest process in the world. Takes about 1 day for a full set usually.

A bunch of other colors are available, however the initial cost to obtain those colors isn't quite justified at the moment.

·
Title User Custom
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I've made a few set's and am now selling them on eBay now under the username AcidBurger as I get the chance to work on them, as my job takes priority. Currently I have two black sets, and one grey. Will be a bit of time before I get some more printed, but hopefully I can continue to add improvements as time goes on. :)

My eBay profile link.

Thinking about adding a hole in the middle, with a slight recess so that it could be screwed into place in the event the console mounts are broken as well. This would work in the left, right, and rear positions and allow a great deal of security I'm thinking. Might experiment with this once I get a bit more free time.

·
98 TDI Beetle
12 Posts
Awesome Cup Holder Replacements

Received mine today. Perfect fit and they seem much more durable than the originals. If you make more of these they will be a hit.

·
Title User Custom
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Certainly going to, at the moment I'm working on doing some upgrades to make a better product. Plan is to resume making more of these towards the tail end of September.

·
Imbugd - 99 1.8t
106 Posts
If / when you start maing these again I may be interested. Just letting you know that as time goes on more of these things wear out. ;)

·
Title User Custom
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hopefully should be going again very soon, and with any luck have a few other helpful interior repair parts. Just ordered black, tan, and grey spools now that I have my printer up and running.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts