NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrght, I had a really crazy idea. What if my bug had a back up siren? I thought it would be pretty cool lol. Anyone know where to get one? And how I might go around installing this?

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
I'm not sure why in the world you would want to do that (sounds a bit wee todd did), but its your car. :eek: I wouldn't know where to buy one, maybe JCWhitney would have something like that?

As for installation, just wire it up with a relay circuit that gets a signal from the reverse light wiring and that draws power direct from the battery.

Sent from my DROID2

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
There is a company that actually builds the siren into a light bulb socket, so all you do is change the bulb. No wiring needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Xoom can do that because it has USB Host capabilities.I was at my friend's house for an xbox lan party, and some kid had modded it with a couple of leds and changing the green one around the eject button to blue. He opened it up because apparantly it doesn't work well now, and I noticed that all of the power cables are regular 4 pin molex and the dvd rom has a standard ide cable.

Thanks

motorcycle shipping

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys! I'll probably et that one from amazon. Didn't look too terribly difficult... But I should know by now that nothing with a NB is as easy as it seems!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts