NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger rear tire was slowly going flat over the weekend, so I called AAA this morning. The nice AAA person who came to the house pulled the tire, and found what looked like a small bolt in the center of one of the treads. AAA now will patch a tire if the agent is able, so he went to work fixing the issue. After fighting with the tire for over 30 minutes, he was able to pull the object out and patch the tire. Come to find out it was a 1/4" screwdriver bit for a drill! Good thing it was only 1.5" long, or it would have damaged my rim, too! He also broke the mini-cap for my rim bolts, so AAA is replacing the cap for free.

Anyone else find anything interesting in their tires?

Rolling along on 4 good tires again...

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts

I have a nieghbor that works for a local tire shop. He has found some truly bizzare items stuck in tires.

Needles... the medical kind.

Tweezers.. the plucking kind.

Crucifix.. the wearing kind.

assorted nails...

A jaw bone from a dead deer.

Other assorted bones from road kill...

A giant tooth.. presumably from a cow.

Shell casings.... who is hunting on a public road????

and my all time favorite...

Part of a Zippo lighter which he then shipped to Zippo where upon they sent him a brand new lighter. :D

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Fowvay said:

Part of a Zippo lighter which he then shipped to Zippo where upon they sent him a brand new lighter. :D
Priceless.

I should check mine out, that's prolly where my missing t20 torx bit went. hehe.

·
Member For Life
50 Posts
How about one of those expanding wall anchors? This is after taking the car in for a tire rotation and telling them I had a slow leak. Found the wall anchor after driving 400 miles the next day!

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Many moons ago..

Yanked out one half of a 10mm Craftsman box wrench.
Yes, there was only the half. Took it to Sears and they gave me
another.

Gotta love that warranty :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts