·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
They are light washers.

:rolleyes:
You're kidding (I know your not!), I knew the Factory HIDs had washers, but I would have never thought they stuck up like that. Horrible, just horrible, design! That was actually my first thought, but then I considered the poster (Blugg), and thought better of that thought! LMAO

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Those mirrors indicate that the NB is at least a 99...... :confused:

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
You're kidding (I know your not!), I knew the Factory HIDs had washers, but I would have never thought they stuck up like that. Horrible, just horrible, design! That was actually my first thought, but then I considered the poster (Blugg), and thought better of that thought! LMAO
They retract into the bumper when not in use. They aren't always up like that.

So not a bad design at all.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Now THAT, is cool!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
They retract into the bumper when not in use. They aren't always up like that.

So not a bad design at all.
Explains why I have never seen them! Surprised though that there are not some kind of mods for them around here, you know, like "bug eye" HIDs! :roflmao:
After all, who needs "real" washers, on "real" factory HIDs.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
950 Posts
I wish I could get those retrofitted on my old '98. In the winter here they throw dirt all over the road with the salt to melt the snow leaving a huge mess when it warms up. In the spring I wipe my headlights clean between drives, otherwise I have zero light.

I could also use a 10 gallon tank for the washer fluid, apply liberally, wipe, apply, wipe, and that's just getting out of the drive way.

·
Same Name, New Parts
443 Posts
thats my car

its quite expensive to have headlight washers, they came as an option on NBC and there were very few of them fully loaded with the hid option

heres the thread that outlines everything including part numbers.

Your looking at a new bumper plus paint and assortment of other oem parts to do it , probably around 1000$ if you do it yourself.

VWVortex.com - Beetle headlight washers

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not wanting to spam the forum, i'll place this in here :)

Think it's pretty Cool :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts