NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have 2002 model beetle, the interior is all good, except.
There is a black coating on some of the interior trim such as the top of the door, and on the handle above the glovebox. It is coming off, you can scratch it off with your fingernail. Does anyway know a good way to clean this?

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Do a search for interior painting. The soft touch material has to be scrubbed off, primed then you can paint. Many many threads and ideas. I took a few of my interior pieces to a body shop and they painted blue for me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
With the outside temperature climbing to 70 F this weekend, I took the time to remove the end caps on the handle above the glove box to clean-up (remove the "sticky residue") & re-paint them. Took a bit of time to get the "sticky residue" off, but once done, sanding the end caps was a breeze. I then primed them both and re-painted with Dupli-Color Charcoal Gray Trim & Molding paint. Re-installed both end caps this afternoon. I'll take a picture tomorrow & post it later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can go with a service provider, who works with interior they will provide you the best option. Else you can do the interior as the coating is coming off it will not look good and it may lead to corrosion.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just finished re-installing the center stack after cleaning off oft residue and re-painting. Just in time for ToD-X this weekend! I'll post pictures later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts