NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A bulb was out on my interior lights, the new bulbs from the stealers is €5.50, for a tiny bulb in a plastic holder. Sod that me thinks, I took out the old bulb from it's retaining cap and fitted it with a new capless bulb, all you need to do is carefully fold out the wires on the new bulb and wrap them around the cap like the original .. 2 minutes an €0.50 spent. You can also use the coloured ones too :)

If you want to save your finger nails and the edge of the roof lining, insert a small flat head screwdriver to push back the metal retaining clip pictured here on the left of the lamp unit.

The bulb is the black circular piece in the center, using a large flat head screwdriver (a small one will chew it up) Turn it a quarter turn to release, tilt it back towards you and it will come out.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
What bulb did you use to fix yours? I have one that is out too and I have not been able to find a replacement.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A 5w that came out of the dash cluster from my Mitsubishi.

Funny thing .. I also tried a 12v Xmas tree bulb, they work too :)

For those of you not having a Mitsubishi or not wanting tinsel and baubles in your car :) The VW part number for the genuine bulb is: 1J0 947 171

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts