NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are brushed aluminum interior trim pieces available for the NB? I have found LOTS of the stick-on kind, but want to steer clear of that... I want actual pieces... Things like door handles, center dash piece, etc... I have a 2002 Snap GLS turbo...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I think anything you'll find will be the stick on. I've only ever seen the stick on pieces. I do have a brushed aluminum "look" kit. I like it, but do wish it were real metal. I remember seeing a kit someone installed (they had pics on the old .org) of their kit, and it was real metal. But even so, it was still a stick in type kit.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do the stick-on kits look? Do they hold up well, or do they have a tendency to peel off? If I were to install a stick-on kit and decide I wanted to remove it later, would it create any damage on the existing oem pieces?

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
here is my "look-a-like" brushed aluminum kit. It is a stick on kit, and it was fairly easy to install, just be careful because you don't get a lot of chances to redo it. I only ended up paying around $90 for the whole thing.

I am pretty sure that you can remove it later on if you wanted, you would just have to clean off the glue residue real well. If you have any other questions, I might be able to answer... :D

you can't see it well, but it does have pieces that continue on the center console, where the shifter is and e-brake. There are also pieces that go on the doors, but I only used a select few. hope this helps! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Where did oyu get that kit Mattsbug? I want something similar when I finally paint my center console cyber green.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
UH...thats a good question! :D

But I think I was browsing eBay and found one for a decent price with all the pieces I wanted, so I contacted the seller and asked if they had a brushed aluminum kit...and they did!!! :D

I would check eBay and see if you find something you like, most of the time the seller's carry big supplies.

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
I bought a unused kit off the old .org from batik_addict. The kit was yellow, and I wanted to do a mix of silver and batick blue for mine. I'm not totally done, but I did finish the silver pieces. Some of the kit I didn't use, but I painted them just in case I ever get rambunxious. The silver I picked which was just a off the shelf duplicolor from Walmart is almost dead on for VW silver so my kit looks almost factory.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts