NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found that using unscented Huggies baby wipes makes interior cleaning a snap. Keep a tub on the back floor, always handy... real baby or no. :D

Especially for those of us with beige interiors. ;)

-Des

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I would think those things (the wipes, not the babies) would be hel... er... hec... er... not very kind to the interior surfaces, Des. Have you checked out the alcohol content in those things? I don't think I'd want it smeared on my plastic or leather.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I like the armor-all orange cleaning wipes for the interior and for my bra. It does dry with streaks on the dashbard when theyre really wet. But my favorite is a bucket with a little tide and water and a nice rag, cleans the interior up really really nice, and you wont beleive how dingy the water in the bucket gets, i think i keep my car clean, but i did the bucket before volksfest, and i coulndt beleive my eyes, the water was solid dark grey, but hte interior, looked brand spankin new.

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
Well when something like the console needs a good cleaning I use Simple Green. For shine, I use either Mothers Back to Black, or Meguiar's rich leather wipes, both go on without leaving an oily/greasy residue.

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
I just bought the armorall leather wipes last week to do a quick clean on my color concept seats. They worked very well and my seats looked clean and conditioned. I was surprised at how much dirt came off the green leather, since it looked pretty clean. There was some streaking on the back seat black parts after it dried, so I went over it again with a clean one and it dried nice and even. I now keep 3 containers by armorall in my trunk... cleaning wipes, glass wipes, leather wipes. BTW I have 3 kids.;)

·
bubbles whoops ass!
123 Posts
i really like the regular armor all cleaning wipes for my interior (save the leather). they can dry streaky on the black plastic parts of the dash, doors, etc. but if you wipe with a MF cloth before it dries, that's taken care of no problem.

i also learned last night that these are great for cleaning the headliner. for some reason, the passenger side headliner was FILTHY near the visor. the wipes took care of the funk no problem, and dried without leaving any color change. i'm really pleased. :)

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
i use a pledge grab-it for the dash and other dusty spots and fantastik brand cleaner for the stubborn stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steinola said:
I would think those things (the wipes, not the babies) would be hel... er... hec... er... not very kind to the interior surfaces, Des. Have you checked out the alcohol content in those things? I don't think I'd want it smeared on my plastic or leather.

I use only 100% alcohol and fragrance-free wipes. ;)

-Des

·
im buggin'!
20 Posts
i use the little hand held size swiffer dealy on the dash....it works wonders on the black since it attracts dust and stuff in a heart beat

·
Die with your boots on
3,716 Posts
Any quick tips on getting the nasty sh!t out of cup holders? The previous owner left some nasty rings of filth at the bottom.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts