NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I have a 2001 New Beetle and recently the turn signal has been acting up. What happens is I'll push the switch (in either direction) and the signal will go once and then stop. If I put my hazards on the signals go continuously but with an irregular rhythm. Also, if I turn my turn signal on and then lightly tap the hazard button, they sometimes flash additionally.

I've read that replacing the hazard button, aka turn signal relay might help. But that it could also be an issue with the turn signal stalk... Thoughts?

Thanks !

-Rhiannon

·
Registered
266 Posts
If hazard lights on themselves are acting up, replace it. If hazard lights work fine, but turn signals are flaky, clean contacts of turn signal lever (real PITA to remove steering wheel).

I had to clean contacts of turn signal lever first. If you postpone it for too long (as it was in my case) it results in deterioration of hazard relay. So I had to replace relay as well when it died in a few month after cleaning turn signals contacts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had the same problem as you, I chose to replace the hazard switch/relay. $30 and less than 5 mins later everything was working right again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts