VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, my wife & daughter finally settled on a name for their NB.

Sputt is a 2000 Black GLS. She came to us unadorned. First thing we did was window tinting. Then it was speaker replacement. We wanted to break up the black so red pin striping was agreed upon.

My wife wanted to put on a Kissy Lips sticker… daughter didn’t like the idea. But a compromise was reached. Here is SPUTT as she looks now.

The compromise was a set of Train Air Horns (yeah, like you hear on large lifted trucks). SPUTT will be going in tomorrow for fitting (trying to find space for the horns, compressor & air tank) then the system will be ordered.

After that as soon as the current tires need replacing SPUTT will get a set of 17 Black/Red Wheels.

(Note on photos – The Red Striping is really not that bright a Red. Just that the Digital Camera coupled with direct sun make it look very bright. It is somewhat darker (except the lips) and double striped (not a single stripe).

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, have been (Slowly) working on Sputt for a while since this introduction. She finally got her New Shoes, Vanity Plate and a Bumper Sticker. :thup: Also put in a K&N Air Filter for good measure.

The train airhorns are posing a problem. There isn't much room to work with to fit everything needed (3 or 4 Horns, Compressor & Air Tank) without using up interior cabin space. Still working on it though and I may have found a set up.

Next I start working on the interior. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Introducing Mini Spu

Well got a chance to wash & wax Sputt while the Turkey was cooking. Also waxed Mini Spu. Look closely at picture 3... This is Mini Spu on Sputt's rear fender. Picture 4 is a close up of Mini Spu where she normally parks on Sputt's Dash.

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't understand the rims...
they baffle me.
Xxr 508 is the rim.

The entire car baffles me.
Let me splain. The car is my Wife & Daughters which I bought them on Valentines day. Wife wanted it "SWAK" hence the lips. Daughter didn't want the lips but compromised and said wife could put them on if she could get a set of Train Air Horns installed (we are looking for a kit set that will fit)

Sputt (which is female of course) is PMSing hence the Angry Eyes attitude.

Now if you think about it just about every woman looks great in a slinky black dress and bright red lipstick. We were looking for a set of wheels and came across the Xxrs which kind of look like red steletto heals don't you think?

The "Save the Tas Tas" sticker is my thing. With 4 women in the family (wife and 3 daughters) it is a cause I actively support. Actually I've kind of supported it my entire live... I'm all about Healthly Breasts! :D

Are we De-Baffled?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've never seen a rim like that in my entire life,
it's just so... odd
They are actually fairly new from Xxr. We were going to get a different set for Sputt and when I went on to order them I saw these. Asked the girls which ones they wanted and they both agreed on these (hands down) over the others.

What is neat is the spikes are plastic and come off with the two screws located at the bottom. They come in chrome or red. You can paint them to match your car or run the wheels w/o them. But the biggest thing for me was the girls picked them out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where did you get those fancy pinstripes? I especially like the ones on the back of the trunk.Where can I buy them!?
They're vinyl. We have a local guy who's father was an old school pin striper. He learned the trade from him. Does the striping as a contractor at the local Chevy dealer. He does both paint and vinyl.

With vinyl he comes out to your place and applies it. We gave him a call and he came over. We talked about kind of what we wanted and he free handed the strips. He charged me $50.00... I gave him $60 as all I had were $20s.

I would think any place that applies vehicle graphic would be able to do the same. It really isn't that hard... that is after you see a professional do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.