NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest member of the family.. "Rusty"! He's a 10 month old Shiba Inu that we rescued from a local animal shelter. All his shots are up to date, and he's neutered. He's ben very good with the kids, and loves playing tug-of-war :)

Say hello to Rusty!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
He's so cute! Be prepared for alot of energy.Inu' never stop!They're like the energizer bunny!Good luck with your new son.:)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
He looks like a happy doggie! Congratulations! :clap:

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
PhoenixRising said:
He looks cute! But watch out! He has a robot eye!
Hahaha :D

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Congrats on the new family member...he's cute!
Have you done any research on Shibas? They have very unique personalities. They are more like cats than dogs in the fact that they're very independent and aloof (not that that's a bad thing). They're beautiful dogs!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Oh my goodness...I love Shibas! We used to have a bunch of them. My parents used to breed and show them before I was born and when I was really little. They had like the first AKC recognized shiba on the east coast I believe...not sure. I know it was something like that. I grew up around them. Various members of our family had puppies our dog Fatima had and one of them had the father of the puppies. We had orange and whites, whites, black and tans...all are beautiful dogs. Our last one had to be put to sleep last winter unfortunately. It was because of old age...he couldnt keep himself warm anymore in the cold...but he was 17 years old. He even survived heartworm when he was around 10 I guess. He was a really strong willed little dog. Rusty actually looks a lot like our last one. Orange and white.

They were always so much fun. If they're trained well, they can be great pets. They just like to run and dig and jump...from breeding them my family knows all about the bad that can come from not training them. Just make sure its trained and gets lots of exercise and he'll be a wonderful edition to the family. I'm so happy for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts