NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New to New Beetle
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm Kenneth 25 years old from Huntsville, AL I pick up my 01 Beetle Turbo S tomorrow? Is it a turbo S with 01? or is it really a GLX... I don't know I'm really new to VW, but not really new to the car scene, I've had an 95' eclipse, 97 sentra<-- lets not go there, 300zx, 350z, Ford Mustang GT, Honda Prelude, and a Honda CBR, basically if it has wheels I'll drive it, anyway it all pretty much started when I saw a trans am from the side of the road, I get out to look at the trans am and notice paint flaking on the side (I get a disapointed look on my face) and then I saw the beetle next to it, so I'm thinking I'll just take it for a test drive just for fun flower and everything yeah it will be funny to drive... I get in the drivers seat, then fumble with finding reverse for about 20 minutes, shifters been modified use my two fingers to pull up on the bottom part full left and up, ok this is kinda cool... So after I find reverse back out and "putt" over to the road people are giving me looks trying to wave the beetle onto the road, well I get on the road and do a u-turn to head south start giving it a little bit of gas "putting along laughing" I give it just a little bit more gas and I start hearing the all to familiar whining sound, and the pffft of the blow off valve ok this beetle is hauling ass and skipping tires now woohoo this is alot different from my friends 78 VW Beetle, it's actually quicker then the Mustang GT I'm trading in... So I'm hauling ass all around town getting the finger from people because they just simply can't keep up with this car that resembles some kind of space bubble... Anyway I'm sure most of the fun I was having was in my head, but it reminded me alot of when I was younger so I pretty much fell in love with the car..

Anyway that's how I ended up here, I'm going to go ask a crapload of questions in the technical forum now, nice to meet everyone.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Welcome to the org. You'll find the answers to all your questions here. All you gotta do is ask.Have fun flying in your beetle!

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Welcome to the Org. :wave3: Alot of great people here. Some one will have the answer to any question you ask. If not they'll know where to find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts