VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I admit it. I joined the forum and did post a couple of questions prior to formally introducing myself, but now that I've finally bought my 2014 New Beetle Convertible Automatic w/Nav and Sound (Yellow Rush Exterior/Black Interior & Soft Top), have named her ("Bumblebeetle"), and she's sitting in my driveway - it's official! I'm finally feel like I'm a legitimate member of the group!

Although Bumblebeetle is mine, I still haven't driven her yet. I have a disability, and must wait until my front airbag on/off switches and pedal extensions are installed before I can take her for a spin. The anticipation is driving me crazy...

Right now I'm scanning through the forum topics to see if anyone has addressed whether it's a good idea to purchase an extended warranty for my Bumblebeetle. My concern is what I've read are some of the most common issues that are likley to arise after my manufacturers warranty expires - such as problems with the convertible top, power windows, fuel pump, etc.

If anyone knows of a thread in which the merits of purchasing the extended warranty on a new Beetle are discussed (I'm still looking), or has any thoughts on the subject, I'd appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Twirly Girly

P.S. Why is the member map not displaying for me? I tried using both IE and Firefox, and the map box is blank.

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the VW Beetle! :party:

I replied to the Map question, so now all I have to do is invite you to also join our Facebook page! :)

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/groups/407758410320/

If that link didn't work, we are "The Collective - A NewBeetle.org group".

I hope you can be enjoying your Beetle Convertible ASAP! :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and thanks for posting a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts