NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I am a leaf on the wind
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if connecting your Ipod to your beetle is standard? I have a 2006 coming with package 1 but can't seem to find any information about this? Is there something I need to buy?

I got my hubbie a Dlo Ipod travel car thingy for this Lexus and it works great. I'm looking to find out if there is something standard on the bug or if I have to just go buy another Dlo.

Signed,

Longing for my new beetle and confused about all the options on it. :confused:

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
If you're getting the in-dash CD headunit, then, yes, there will be a jack. It will not be an iPod-specific connection... it's a generic mini-phono aux-in jack. You'll be able to connect anything with a headphone jack up to it and have it play through your car stereo system.

If you want an iPod-specific connection, that allows you to control the iPod through your headunit buttons, those are available... but not from the factory. See my How-to for more info (http://newbeetle.org/vb3/showthread.php?p=784)

Apple and VW have announced that they have collaborated on a factory solution... but it's not out yet, and it's not clear what it consists of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts