NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
We've only got 4 Minutes!
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan of the spoiler's that were made standard in the turbos. Just curious if anyone thinks it would be a lot to remove it and what the process maybe to clear out the marks left from the spoiler.

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
Anything, technically can be removed and the holes; filled or some sort of plastic cover put over them. NOW, having said that; the original New Beetle "wing" was actually put in place by the VW design engineers in Germany, because of aerodynamic instability in the higher speed ranges they discovered during road testing. So, while you may not "like" the look of it; you might want to reconsider your "dislikes" based upon the engineering and design that Volkswagen has put into the car for safety reasons. You might contact VW of America; see, if there would be any potential safety concerns; if you actually remove the wing. I haven't researched the wing on this current "Beetle Turbo" but I do remember that in the New Beetle Turbos of the past, they did bring up the fact; that the wing was included on the Turbo models for aerodynamic safety reasons. Styling haters beware! LOL! :D Research something; before removing a feature VW may have put there for a reason! :cool: Contrary to popular belief; many styling features are actually functional! Call VW for confirmation and info below:

Contact Volkswagen of America | VW.com < Contact Us < Volkswagen of America

1 - 3 of 3 Posts