VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals I just bought this 2001 beetle 1.8T Sport and its amazing. I have owned 03 mustang GT and I swear this beetle would smoke that car. Would there be a way for me to find out if my Beetle is Chipped? Or remapped/Tuned? I know it has 2.5 turbo back and a forged BOV? but I'm not really a turbo guy so I am learning. I have a code reader that came with the car. Guy told me it was worth 300 online and I found one on amazon for $30. Any way. Thanks in Advance will post Pics soon I live in the UK and the weather has been horrible for taking pics.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Easiest way would be to see how much boost its pushing. Stock would be around 9psi or so. Tuned, you'd be seeing more like 15-18psi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boost gauge installed

I finally got my boost gauge installed. It looks like I am pushing between 14-16 PSI under full throttle. I have seen that stock is 9, and I have seen stock should be 14. It is a 2001 1.8turbo sport if it makes any difference. At idol it sits at about -9 or -10.

Attachments

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Stock on an '01 should be around 9psi. So yes, it appears as its chipped.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Do you have VCDS; apparently, if you do a full scan and post it up on the ross tech support forum, they can verify if the ecu has been modified. That way; you would know for sure.

Ross-Tech Forums

·
Gustav
349 Posts
if your boost gauge is reading correctly it would appear that you have a stage 1 tune on your ECU. Stock 1.8T 150 hp with a k03 turbo is going to be 9 psi. The exception to that is the 02 to 04 Turbo S with a k03s turbo which had 180hp and boost @ 11psi. To find out what company your tune was done by send an email to APR and the other tuners with you VIN # and they can tell you if your tune was done by them. This is important information to have if you ever want to upgrade your current set up as tuners won't mess around with a tune they did not write.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts