VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my timing belt and water pump changed today, and when I opened the hood it looked like something on the passenger side is not there. There is a yellow mark on the wiper fluid tank that looks like it should hold a tube, but I don't know? If something is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

The car drives fine, but I have noticed a new sound for like 2 seconds right after I start the car, like a motor sound. 2.0 automatic, 2004

Attachments

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
water tube

Yea, It looks like the wiper fluid tube is broke. It's the small black tube you see part of it in your picture. They do get bridle with time and break very easy.

·
Black Bug
19 Posts
1. Yes, the space inside the red polygon is supposed to be empty. I know, quite odd, but nothing to worry about.
2. The guide in the wiper fluid reservoir is for wiring (see picture below). I think I can see the wiring at the bottom of your picture, just not properly sitting on the guide (where the red dotted line is).

The pictures were taken from a 98 NB 2.0L.

I have circled in your picture what I think is the wiring that should go in the guide.

Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts