NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a Beetle before and I was looking at getting a used TDI any where from a year 2000 to a 2006. I'm trying to keep it around $5000. What is the pros and cons on them. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
The TDI is a GREAT car! Fantastic mpg too. Go with a manual transmission. The best mpg of any new beetle on the market.
You wont be disappointed.
:)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
TDI is a great motor that goes for a long time...with the proper maintenance! You need to stay on top of it for sure. Timing belt services, proper oil/change intervals, etc.

They also come at a price premium though. So for your budget, you're going to be looking at an older one/one with more mileage on it.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I did that too, in my 2003 TDI, after a road trip. Nice!!! :bigthumb:

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I can't really think of a negative to owning a TDI. The price per gallon may be higher where you live but you will fill up less often, especially if you "vent" the tank or push a little button in the neck of the tank to allow more fuel in. Definitely get a manual transmission. There's some beetles for sale on tdiclub.com

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I love my TDI. Just got back from a 3,000 mile road trip and it handled like a champ. Even ran through 115 degree desert heat with the AC on and no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts