NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
It's my wife's car. She tells me she uses a flashlight at night to see in her car! I checked the owners manual & of course the dash but I see no switch for an interior light - there must be one, right? The only interior light I see is when you flip down the driver's sun visor. That can't be it.
Is there really no interior light???
Thanks in advance!
Jim

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Well, there is no such thing as a 95 New Beetle, and definately no such thing as a 95 convertible New Beetle.

New Beetles were introduced in 1998, and the convertible debut came in 2003. Did you just make a typo? :confused:

If you meant 03 or newer, the light is on the underside of the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Dnyed,
Ooops. Yes, It was a typo. I meant '05.
Ty very much (& my wife thanks you, too).
Now she'll see at night in her bug.
Regards,
Jim

·
1,255 Posts
The only interior light is in the rear-view mirror. It may be turned off. If you want foot-well lights you will have to add them yourself. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You're probably wanting more of an overhead type or something to light the rear of the cabin. Yeah, it sucks, can't see $hit. And a Grand-Daughter that HAS to ride in the rear, and always wants to go in the Bug. Next Spring's project is going to be the addition of rear, and maybe front foot well lighting, just simple white incadescent bulbs, and probably some rear cabin lighting via light fixtures in the side panels. Think about using the rear license plate light fixtures for both the rear lighting fixtures, or will use something from another vehicle. Especially concerned about the aesthetics of the side panel lighting.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Surely there are Sunvisors in New Beetle Convertibles :confused:

Our Tin Tops have lights with our Sunvisors, you don't :confused:

I know you don't have the luxury of Shades Holders :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here was my solution with my '04 convertible...it helps you find things that fall in the floor at night. These came from an eBay seller.
These are LEDs and use the power outlet/cigarette lighter for power, but there are some that you can wire directly into the fuse box if you're handy with that sort of thing. I'm not...
I also replaced my rear view mirror light with a 9-LED light.
What a great idea! I've never seen that. I have a small flashlight in my center console because the rearview mirror light is definitely not enough light in my 2008! Hmmmm does it come in green? :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you mean the mirror light? I don't think it comes in green, but here is what I bought:
High Intensity 39mm Fuse Style LED

My car uses the 39mm fuse style LED. It really puts out a lot more light than the original light, as you can tell by my dash on the photo up there above.
I meant do the floor lights come in green :D. Now where do you install the LED lights on rearview in picture above?

·
Registered
107 Posts
My floor lights can be green, red, blue, or purple...you just push a button to change them. The LED light in the rearview mirror just replaces the one that's already there. Just make sure you get the right size. Mine was 39mm for a 2004. Yours might be different.
Thank you! Now were does one get the floor lights? You said eBay? What is the actual name if I did a search? :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts