VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of the fuel injectors replaced on my 2013 2.0T Beetle. I was looking under the hood after the work was done and found that the top part of what I assume is related to the air intake was just resting on its base. Should the fit be so loose? The retaining clips seem extremely ineffective. Furthermore, one corner of the round 'inlet' has some chunks taken out of the plastic. It almost looks like there should be some sort of filter on this.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Definitely looks like something is missing from that housing. Can you take it back and point it out to whoever did the work? hopefully someone with with a '12 or '13 will jump in on this for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'll plan on taking it back to the dealer tomorrow morning. If there should be a filter on there, it makes me nervous as I've put ~700 miles on the car with it missing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out this is "normal". The tech at the dealer said in some cases he's see this top just eventually pops off due to poor design and doesn't stay back on but it shouldn't effect anything... I suppose maybe I could look into getting an aftermarket cold air return at some point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts