NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I noticed a crack in my passenger-side tail light and that it was infiltrated with water and ever since then have been on a mad hunt for aftermarket tail lights for my black NB and, not being savy in modifying my car or knowing where to look, all I can do is google "Aftermarket Tail Lights 2002 VW beetle". What I get are places like CarID, Andy's Auto Sport, Matrix Racing, Street Beat Customs and similar sites but they are out of stock in EVERYTHING for NBs!!! Or at least anything that I like... And Ebay doesn't have any of the styles I like, either.

I have tried searching for 3rd Gen Altezzas (my first choice of style) on newbeetle.org and found a set but the guy won't message me back (seems like he's notorious for that according to the posts on his thread)

At this point I'm so frustrated I might just fork over the money to replace with a factory light and stick with boring ol' tail lights just to fix my problem.

Does anyone have other suggestions for places I can look for tail lights???

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Last year I noticed a crack in my passenger-side tail light and that it was infiltrated with water and ever since then have been on a mad hunt for aftermarket tail lights for my black NB and, not being savy in modifying my car or knowing where to look, all I can do is google "Aftermarket Tail Lights 2002 VW beetle". What I get are places like CarID, Andy's Auto Sport, Matrix Racing, Street Beat Customs and similar sites but they are out of stock in EVERYTHING for NBs!!! Or at least anything that I like... And Ebay doesn't have any of the styles I like, either.

I have tried searching for 3rd Gen Altezzas (my first choice of style) on newbeetle.org and found a set but the guy won't message me back (seems like he's notorious for that according to the posts on his thread)

At this point I'm so frustrated I might just fork over the money to replace with a factory light and stick with boring ol' tail lights just to fix my problem.

Does anyone have other suggestions for places I can look for tail lights???

Have you tried Aiwana.com? CLICK HERE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, no I hadn't checked them out but I just did =^)

They didn't have any lights in my price range (my ceiling is around $150) but they did have some other nifty stuff I might look into like smoked lense covers (just pop 'em over factory lights and BAM my car is awesome!) I think smoked lenses are illegal though, and my car is up for a trip to DEQ here next month... hm...

Does anyone know if smoked lenses are illegal? Just yesterday I saw three cars with them...

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
I just installed a set of black "altezza style" tail lights on my NB. They cost me $65 with shipping included from eBay. They look pretty bad ass IMO, and would look good on a black Beetle. Just do a search for "volkswagen beetle black tail lights" on there. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts