VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out there hoping to get lucky for someone around me who may have some old fenders cheap so I don't have to paint the black ones I have (for a 2000 gls). I am looking for the front and back right side fenders in YELLOW. looking for some one are where I am, (central Indiana) Im trying to avoid painting these black ones I have already, a local yard has the front one for 65 bucks. but not the rear one :/. I know its a long shot that someone near me has one but hey its worth a shot. thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction

My local yard has the right rear not the right front so I need the front right in yellow

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
^ Not sure if that's true or not. It does seem like they would fit. I do know that they have completely different part numbers. I don't know if the cut ou for the taillight would be the same as needed for the headlight. But I suppose it's worth a try if there is no other choice.

You could also try AutoHaas LLC. They are a great company with LOTS of VW parts. Last time I asked them for parts I think they said that the only beetle parts I needed came in yellow. Give them a call at 888-897-2781 or look them up on facebook and ask them there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Not sure if that's true or not. It does seem like they would fit. I do know that they have completely different part numbers. I don't know if the cut ou for the taillight would be the same as needed for the headlight. But I suppose it's worth a try if there is no other choice.

You could also try AutoHaas LLC. They are a great company with LOTS of VW parts. Last time I asked them for parts I think they said that the only beetle parts I needed came in yellow. Give them a call at 888-897-2781 or look them up on facebook and ask them there.
Thanks for that info, and when I get back to school Monday (where my vw is in autoshop) ill take a look and see if that might be true about the right rear and left front compatibility thing, if it is, awesome!!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I deal with a lot of recycled parts sellers, and they say that this is true! The only reason the right rear and the Left Front don't match,is because of the fuel lid door.
This really would be awesome, if it is true. :)
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I deal with a lot of recycled parts sellers, and they say that this is true! The only reason the right rear and the Left Front don't match,is because of the fuel lid door.
This really would be awesome, if it is true. :)
Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That's awesome it will fit! you could use a right front for the left rear if you are good enough with an air saw and maybe cut out the hole for the gas flap. just a maybe idea. thanks for that info again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts