VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past Monday was the first day of the season I tried to put my convertible top down. I opened the windows, unlocked the top, and then hit the button to put the top down and it did nothing. Just made like an errrr noise. But didn't go anywhere. After several failed attempts I gave up, very frustrated.
I currently have an appointment to my local Vw garage to look at it because I have the light lit up on my dash that looks like an airbag. They seem to think that it's an electrical issue and will confirm that tomorrow.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So turns out my top's mechanism on the driver's side that lifts and lowers the top on the drivers side is broken :( they said it looks like it jammed and broke. Ugh I'm just devastated...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am sorry for your loss.

Seriously, that's a pain. Especially if you took it to the dealer.

My wife's 06 NBC has intermittent up/down issues. We've gone through the routine with the windows - sometimes it works, sometimes no.

Right now, the top is down and the front PASSENGER window is stuck in the closed position.
Needless to say, she's not happy and I'm supposed to know what to do.

Any advice from viewers would be greatly appreciated! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same problem!

Seriously, that's a pain. Especially if you took it to the dealer.

My wife's 06 NBC has intermittent up/down issues. We've gone through the routine with the windows - sometimes it works, sometimes no.

Right now, the top is down and the front PASSENGER window is stuck in the closed position.
Needless to say, she's not happy and I'm supposed to know what to do.

Any advice from viewers would be greatly appreciated! View attachment 163922
2004 NBC My battery cable came loose and I lost power while the top was down, My passenger side window will not roll down, (hasn't worked since I bought the car)
Now my top won't go up, I've tried to reset it by doing the all windows down, all windows up, as advised in the manual. I think since the passenger window won't go down, this is keeping it from doing the reset.
Any advice, PLEASE? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
top issues

Our top went down then when trying to put it up, nothing. the Master switch worked for a windows down, and the top went down fine. On closing the Master switch does nothing and it seems the whole system is not getting power. How does one reset this system? The mechanics are telling me that they had to "reprogram" it but they have not defined what that means to me yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts