NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I type this my RSI OEM kit is beingpacked at Munich for shipment to Mexico next wednesday, so Today Y took off the whole front of the bug to install the cables for the new blinkers, the FMIC (intercooler) and relatation of the oil cooler and a Cold air intake....

First I took out the front lights and the corners... Looks like a dead bug I know..!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After an hour and a Half this was the result...

basically we will move the oil cooler to the rght side, install the FMIC in the center and a cold air intake straight towards the front...see square.

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see the new intercooler in the previous pics, and just for kicks we used the Beetle cup conection RSI front to check clearances...

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my kit as it sat yesterday in some Lawn in Germany, previous to packing....

I hope I can post pictures of the whol eprocess within thi snext week, and have it ready by Nov 7 so on Nov 13 I have a BIG event at MexicoS cart and F1 Premier Circuit and take some Photos of my self made Millenium Cup kit car...

Attachments

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
:eek:

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

·
Thomas
361 Posts
I know the excitement has got to be killing you!:ha: We'll be waiting anxiously to see all the pics.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I could not sleep last night I kept thinking about wires, how to put the new reverse lights, using leds or stock lights, of I put decals on it or leave it all silver?, where Am I going to get the new inside fender well plastics (they are bigger), You know the kit things has me, double guessing everything, one thing I am sure It may takke me 2 weeks to get it done but I plan to get it done perfectly. I even ordered european custom plates and licence holders, in front it will read 1 BAD BUG and in the back 1 MEX RSI ...I CANT wait to finish it but in the mean time, I am putting the IC and some other upgrades.

The IC was bought from a guy in CA. that has a store called Xo2 racing and I finished the output tubes her in Mexico, its 22 X 9 X 2.9 inches. cost 225 usd plus 70 for the changes in piping)

The Kit cost 977 Euro and for me thats a SUPER price since the kit in Mexico goes for 3200 USD and in the US (bildon.com) its over 4400 USD$. I might be able to get another kit like this from germany since I contacted a ton of people, but I think anything below 1500 for a kit like this is down right cheap.

I want to make copies but I am still waiting for VW to answer one letter I sent because thay told me the RSI body is copyrighted and If I make copies its going to be lawyer time :(

Ill let everyone know If I am able to get another kit like this.

I think the whole thing will set me back like 2300-2500 USD, but is it worth it?

HELLLLL YEEEAAAHHHH !!!

Attachments

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Sorry to hear that you lost sleep. How's the install going?

·
Above average
527 Posts
Good luck to you for installing this kit.. hope that everything will work perfect for you.

Marc & Limoni

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kit arrived I AM NUTS about getting to the airport tomorrow to pick it up.....

Now the FMIC its on place and everything is ready for painting etc....

Hope Ill have it installed this friday and will post pics of it, next week it will be painted...!!

Whoooohhahahaa.......

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Dude I'm ready to come down, pick you up and DRIVE you to the airport tomorrow morning to pick it up! :D

C'mon c'mon... why's time so cruel sometimes?

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well first of all I am MAD AS HELL, the import of my RSI kit has been a nightmare, as I typ ethis it is still on customs because there are a TON of new procedures for paying taxes and such.
I am Mad because Ill have to make a lot of paperwork to finish the import ( I wont get into details here but Now I know ow bad is corruption here in Mexico because some requierements are just incredible (like asking for my house property title to check that my address is valid one! - when my elector Id has to be validated by a visitor, a bank or telephone bill and my birth certificate!) next thing I know they will need my dental record just to check the ME is ME...Unbelievable...:mad:

In the mean time I have installed my FMIC upside down because that way the plumbing is more compact, neater and best of allit doesnt protude that much so maybe I will be able to use my fog lights in the lateral holes

Attachments

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As you can see here the blue and red hose does not go over the front fender metal..

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
wow!
very nice !
and good luck with the paperwork...
please take a LOT of pics

and post´em ASAP !!!!

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
Man I can't wait to see the finished project. That is gonna look killer. I really want to get a RSI/Cup roof spoiler for Elwood. I'd go with the whole shebang, but that's not in the budget right now. Post more pics! Awesome work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts