NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning a bunch of old ladies were gathered around Skittle when I came out of 7-eleven cooing at her. They went nuts when I pushed the button on the key fob to unlock her and her lights flashed. When they realized it was me they started cracking up (more like cackling) One of them said "I just told your car how cure she was and I thought she was blushing!" It was so cute I smiled about it for about an hour! :bigthumb: Old people ROCK! :guitar:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
old people are adorable. my boyfriend always laughs at my 'cause when i see senior citizens, i always say "awwwww!". i have a lot of respect for the elderly, i really do.

cool story amy!

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Old people ROCK!
They do!

We have a good friend (70+), we call him our "Buy Guy" 'cause he kept our '73 purring like a kitten. Actually, it was his fault that we even had that bug. Our friend, Junior, had a '71 Super that he'd promised to sell to us when our daughter turned 16. When the day came, though, he couldn't part with his 'baby' so he helped us find the '73 and spent more hours than I can count tinkering with it.

When we bought Speedy, we took him by Junior's house for his stamp of approval. He'd never seen a NB up close (there was only one other one in our whole county) and he couldn't wait to inspect it. After the under-the-hood check, he sat in the driver's seat, the passenger's seat, and the back seat; he folded down the cargo space, cranked the stereo, opened up the top, and did the key/window trick. Finally, he told my daughter to hop in so he could 'take her for a spin.'

When they pulled back into the driveway, he was wearing a face-splitting, ear to ear grin. He'd discovered the turbo and Speedy's 5th gear. My daughter said she wasn't sure he'd ever turn around and head back home, lol. All Junior could say was, "DANG! And I just let Jerry [his wife] buy that stupid LeSabre!!!"

Guess you're never too old to be a NB convert!:thewave:
(If we'd have paid him for all those hours under the '73's hood, he could pay cash for one!)

·
Car has another home
111 Posts
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not like the screaming people in his car.

I know ...bad taste...sorry, but after the last post I couldn't resist.

·
I <3 my band!
1,149 Posts
FineExampl said:
Cute, nice, unless behind the wheel.

:)
agreed.. i've seen too many cars run into store fronts because they hit the gas instead of the brakes to park.

Other than that... yay for oldies but goodies! :)

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
old people allways ask what is that on the front of my car.. and my dad allways gets out and starts a big lecture what is is... when he really dosent lol

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
v-dubed said:
old people allways ask what is that on the front of my car.. and my dad allways gets out and starts a big lecture what is is... when he really dosent lol
:confused:

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Fmic?

·
Buggin Out
67 Posts
v-dubed said:
half live animals? hah

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had another elderly person make a comment about my car again last night. I went to 7-11 to get some coffee and (they always seem to hang out there lol) I came back out and there was an old man standing on the drivers side peering in. So I walked up and stood there and waited for him to look up and move out of the way so I could get in. So after what seemed like forever he finally looked up and said "Oh I'm sorry am I in your way?" So I said no big deal and he moved closer to my car so I could walk around him. So I said "No I dont need to get around you I need to get in my car." and he said "Ohhh I'm sorry. I should have known this was your car! A cute car for a cute girl!" He then made a comment about the color and said "You look Irish...are you?" So i said "Yes I am" and he then said "The perfect color car for a nice Irish Lass!" As flattering as it was I couldnt get him to stop...I really just wanted to get in the car and leave! LOL He was a cute old man though! Seemed like he just wanted someone to chat with. :kiss:

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
deeceedub said:
LOL Amy, dontcha love getting hit on by the old geezers! :hugkiss:
Yeah sure! Thats about all I get hit on by nowadays! LOL I'll take what I can get! hehe

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Yeah sure! Thats about all I get hit on by nowadays! LOL I'll take what I can get! hehe
Hey yer lucky to get hit on PERIOD. I NEVER get hit on unless you count that one time at the metro in LB or in AC that time with the gay men. Yeah, only gay men want me. Or INCREDIBLY large women. Like freakishly huge.

Old people should all just get scooters. No cars, just little Rascals. Slap some euro badges on em and some flames...yeaaaahhh that's my retirement money!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts