NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
There are a few peeps in that area! Have fun!

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Kinda late Kelly but all the best to you on your new digs.

Our good orger, Joel/Opelmania, live in Woodstock. I know he travels a lot to various VW shows in that area. he's a great dude- you'll like hanging with em.

A Flyers fan in Blackhawks land...hmmm:rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
:)
837 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am a bit south of Chicago, but welcome to the Midwest. The only are that can go from 85 to 40 degrees over night!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I'm up in Eau Claire, Wi, about 6 hours from Chicago, but I often come down to Illinois for VW events. :)

I'll be in Effingham at the Funfest because they supposedly have a new water-cooled section, and I also go to a show in Rockford in July. There are also a couple of other events down that way I'll try to pull off if my work schedule permits. If a show has New Beetles as opposed to just air-cooleds, I try to make them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I forgot about funfest with the vaca planning going on. Going to have to talk the wife into this year.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
If Funfest hadn't added a water-cooled VW section last year, I wouldn't bother going anymore because it's an air-cooled event. I missed the first year of the new water section last summer, but I'm going to see what it's all about this year. I hope there are lots more NBs there than in the past because of this as opposed to merely your typical water-cooled VW gathering with a bunch of 20-year-olds with pimped Golfs, GTIS, Jettas, Audis, etc. The only way to find out is to go.

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Kinda late Kelly but all the best to you on your new digs.

Our good orger, Joel/Opelmania, live in Woodstock. I know he travels a lot to various VW shows in that area. he's a great dude- you'll like hanging with em.

A Flyers fan in Blackhawks land...hmmm:rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the kind words Al! I haven't been to anything yet this year cause Gayle isn't show worthy. I might show up to the picnic in Rockford this weekend and the Crystal Lake show in September though. Hi Kelly! :wave3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts