VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
lovin' veedubbin'
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally gave Ivy a good bath tonight and managed to snap some photos before it got dark. She has no mods yet, I really only plan a few. She has a spot on the trunk that needs some touch up paint...I want to repaint (or use vinyl) the steering wheel spokes the same cyber green as the NB. Also, some floor mats with cyber green stitching/trim...european licence plate on the front, change the boot on the gear shift (it's wearing thin in a few places), buff/repaint a black scuff on the front fender...etc...

The pictures turned out a little wierd, not the quality I normally get from my camera. Not sure if it's cuz it was starting to get dark out and I should have adjusted for that or what... :confused:

anyhoo....

:bubb:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
:( Awww you got some boo boos?? I'd be freaking out if i had the front ouchy. Just promise you make the baby all better and get that all fixed up, cuz the rest of the bug looks fantastic. I don't think i could ever drive one myself, but i really like CG Bugs alot.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
That black stuff on your front bumper is what's underneath your paint. I don't think it will buff out. Otherwise your bug is looking great:) I have some black showing on Chip also.

·
lovin' veedubbin'
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FineExampl said:
:( Awww you got some boo boos?? I'd be freaking out if i had the front ouchy. Just promise you make the baby all better and get that all fixed up, cuz the rest of the bug looks fantastic. I don't think i could ever drive one myself, but i really like CG Bugs alot.
I didn't think I'd ever get this color either. I actually had my eye on a silver one with leather seats and sunroof - same year. But for whatever reason....Ivy called out to me. The dealer actually had to talk me into even test driving it at first!

I love your color - I've always loved the dark grey (I can't remember the real name of the color...sorry!!!) :p

·
lovin' veedubbin'
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lnzbug said:
That black stuff on your front bumper is what's underneath your paint. I don't think it will buff out. Otherwise your bug is looking great:) I have some black showing on Chip also.
Good to know. What's the best way to touch it up. Seems too big just to use touch up paint... :confused:

·
lovin' veedubbin'
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
new pictures

EvilinaDM101 said:
Nice! Luv your Cyber Green!!:goodjob:
Thanks! I LUV this color too! More and more everyday!!! :D

I started a thread under "New Beetle Experience" (http://www.newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8066)titled: 'Changing my NB's name???' and said I'd put some photos of the teeny tiny new additions I added today that finally made me realized that my NB was telling me that her name was actually "Dublin" (refer to other thread for story..)

Here's the photos I was talking about:

·
lovin' veedubbin'
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mentalVdub said:
very nice and clean buggie... love it!
I just went outside and it looks like some bird overhead had the runs and decided to land it on Dublin! Yuck!!! So, her bum needs washed again.

·
Super Moderator
14,879 Posts
Looks like your New Beetle has a loving owner. :wink:

Beautiful! :clap:

·
lovin' veedubbin'
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AWE!! That's sweet. I really really need to get new pictures on here. Those were taken a year ago when I got her. Our anniversary was a week ago.....

She' hasn't really changed except for a wax job and new flowers in the vase of course.....

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.