NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://newbeetle.org/vb3/showthread.php?t=152

Want to make sure this is cool with you. Couple of points.

1. You don't really need to verify it on the old site if you don't want to. I trust people. I just want them to THINK we're verifying it. ;)
2. Make sure you make people's PRIMARY usergroup Member Sponsors and their secondary Registered Users, or it won't work right.

I'll try to help out with these when we go live, too. :)

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
rodger that.

btw: if a moderator clicks the sponser thing and follows through, it changes their primary group. No biggy, just learned it by way of Jackfrost.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noR said:
rodger that.

btw: if a moderator clicks the sponser thing and follows through, it changes their primary group. No biggy, just learned it by way of Jackfrost.
Yeah, I noticed that too. You might suggest to the new moderators as they come online that they don't need to send me $15. They get the additional features anyway. Jackfrost really didn't need to send me the $15, but I'm sort of glad he did because it was a great test of the system! It works! I offered to send the $15 back to him, but he denied (what a guy). :)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Is there anyreason why we need to put their Display Usergroup back to Default as opposed to register user?

I have noticed that the register user display does not show the (MS) tag.

Any harm in adding it to the registered user display usergroup so that we dont have to edit each person twice?

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrazyJames said:
Is there anyreason why we need to put their Display Usergroup back to Default as opposed to register user?

I have noticed that the register user display does not show the (MS) tag.

Any harm in adding it to the registered user display usergroup so that we dont have to edit each person twice?
Yeah, the person needs to have the "Default" display group. Although, this should be the current setting and shouldn't change when you edit someone (right?).

I can't add it to the registered user display group, or EVERYONE would get a MS tag. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
James and Ron...

I think I found a better way to handle this. Instead of modifying the user, do this in the Admin CP:

1. Choose Donations --> Subscription Manager from the left hand side.
2. Under Controls, select Add User.
3. Put the user in here and set the date to 30 years from now (just change 2005 to 2035).

This way gets them in the subscription group (which seems better) and automatically sets the usergroup and display usergroup correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
Yeah, the person needs to have the "Default" display group. Although, this should be the current setting and shouldn't change when you edit someone (right?).

I can't add it to the registered user display group, or EVERYONE would get a MS tag. :)
By default, adding them to the member sponsers group, will make their secondary user display that of registered user.. which doesnt show the MS tag.

I'll add them via the subscription manager now ;)

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Off topic, but shouldn't you adjust your rating James, now that we're live? I mean, what will members thing seeing their co-admin with such a terrible rating :p

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
ASurroca said:
Off topic, but shouldn't you adjust your rating James, now that we're live? I mean, what will members thing seeing their co-admin with such a terrible rating :p
Hopefully they will see that and disregard any advice I give about cars ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ASurroca said:
Actually I tend to agree. If we want users to take their reps seriously, then we probably should to. And, James, I imagine your rep-giving power is extraordinarily low, too, since you're rep is so low. :)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
Actually I tend to agree. If we want users to take their reps seriously, then we probably should to. And, James, I imagine your rep-giving power is extraordinarily low, too, since you're rep is so low. :)
Yargh... I guess I can set it back... but I prefer the asthetics of red over green.

Any idea of where I should set myself? ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CrazyJames said:
Yargh... I guess I can set it back... but I prefer the asthetics of red over green.

Any idea of where I should set myself? ;)
I set myself to 300 to start off with. Figured it was fair for me to be a bit higher than everyone else ot start with. Do whatever you think is reasonable. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts