Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to 2006! Glad everybody made it safely here! :D

I'd like to thank those of you that took time last month to shoot and post photo's for the December assignment! Nice work! :goodjob:

This is one of the more fun assignments in my opinion because shooting a sharp photo is NOT the point! The idea is to make your subject look like it's moving. (See photo of Jax, my loving mini dachshund!)

If you are lacking any ideas, go visit the Yahoo! or Google image search pages and type "Motion" and see what others are shooting.

If you are not certain how to achieve this effect, you need to use a slow shutter speed. Any other questions, ask!

FWIW, this shot is straight out of the camera, no manipulations other than a resize!

Shoot on! :cool:

Attachments

·
Focus twice, shoot once
634 Posts
Fowvay said:
My first attempt.. I have some pretty cool old ones but I don't want to cheat so I will only post new stuff... sigh.
Is there are rule not to post "old" pix?
Thats not cheating as long as you took the shot, right Justin?

If its good, I'd like to see it....no matter the age.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shutterbug said:
Is there are rule not to post "old" pix?
Thats not cheating as long as you took the shot, right Justin?

If its good, I'd like to see it....no matter the age.

The idea is to get you out and shoot now rather than dig up old shots. :p But I don't rule with an iron fist in here, so go for it! :wave3:

Nice work Gail! I love the panning shot! :goodjob:

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
jdesigns said:
Is that with the new D50? :D
But of course :D and as I said, would be much better if it weren't ballanced on my knee :p I set it on a 1 second shutter and let the camera do the rest :)

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
squeebug said:
But of course :D and as I said, would be much better if it weren't ballanced on my knee :p I set it on a 1 second shutter and let the camera do the rest :)

You might try setting it on a chair or railing too! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Yeah I had thought about that but there wasn't anything level that was close enough to get a good pic.

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
I took the Coolpix L1 out for a bit of a test drive tonight. I can't say I'm really thrilled with the way it works in low light conditions. However I did get a chance to do a little homework for this assignment.

So here they are... not my proudest or best work but ate least I have a jumping off point. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.