NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I might start a thread over here. I just snagged a few of my favorite pics from the old thread found here.

I haven't done as much as I have wanted for a couple of reasons. First, it's technically the wife's car so she has final say in what I can do to it. Secondly, we are waiting to do any serious mods until the warranty expires.

So, what have I done to it?

1. ADR Rydox rims 17x7
2. Rear fog light/ euro switch
3. Euro emblems
4. Painted calipers (have a new full set of Brembo cross drilled rotors waiting until I change pads.)
5. MTX Thunderform Powered Sub
6. Monster Mats
7. O-bar waiting install
8. Autometer dash gauge pod with boost, oil pressure, and water temp awaiting install.
9. Infinity speakers in the door, Boston Acoustics in the rear.
10. And that is all I can remember at this point. :eek:

Enjoy the pics! :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
:bowdown: I can attest to the beautiful-ness (is that a word? It should be!:p ) of this car! All this time, 'tho, I didn't know it was the wifes car! Right on, Joanie! :queen: :bigthumb:

·
Thomas
361 Posts
I like the night time shot! Tell your wife I said nice car too. My wife doesn't know how to drive a stick, so it keeps her out of mine.:D

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a fun shot. It's been TOO long since I've posted anything in here. :cool:

Yes, those two marks below the marker are gouges. :( Some POS college student hit it. All the way through the clear coat and paint.:bash: :shoot: :cuss: :smack:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
jdesigns said:
Just a fun shot. It's been TOO long since I've posted anything in here. :cool:

Yes, those two marks below the marker are gouges. :( Some POS college student hit it. All the way through the clear coat and paint.:bash: :shoot: :cuss: :smack:
Great shot! sorry about the gouges :mad:

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PhoenixRising said:
Um, how did you do that shot? You are Da Man, as always.

Thanks TJ! :wave3:

If you take a bit of time to analyze what you are actually seeing will give you a pretty good idea on how any photo is shot. Two important clues are the curved ground and the reflection of me just above the rear marker.

I used a slow shutter speed, and a wide angle lens. I had the wife drive in a slow circle and panned with the car. You can tell she was driving in a circle because of the curved ground. The reflection was distorted enough to "hide" me sort of. :D

Make sense? :cool:

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
jdesigns said:
Thanks TJ! :wave3:

If you take a bit of time to analyze what you are actually seeing will give you a pretty good idea on how any photo is shot. Two important clues are the curved ground and the reflection of me just above the rear marker.

I used a slow shutter speed, and a wide angle lens. I had the wife drive in a slow circle and panned with the car. You can tell she was driving in a circle because of the curved ground. The reflection was distorted enough to "hide" me sort of. :D

Make sense? :cool:
Ah, I thought you were in the car doing that! I see now. Makes sense.

·
So over it!
8,050 Posts
Hmm.. maybe we can all try that in July..

I thought you were just hanging outta your truck.. What do I know? Its a great shot..

Your the PRO!

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought I might add a few shots to the ol' thread.

Pic #1, on the WA state ferry Wenatchee leaving Seattle heading to Bainbridge Island after picking up my repaired camera! :goodjob: (I didn't want to wait 2 1/2 hours for the the Bremerton ferry) :D

Pic #2, I was playing more with my LensBaby. :D

Attachments

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
JUST TWO?! That's it?! :( Well okay, but there's gonna be some more soon right? :) Right?!

Just jokin'! The bug is lookin' hot! How the heck do you guys get it THAT shiny? It looks like liquid, it's so shiny....I :heart: it!

Beautiful pics Justin....as always! ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
24 Participants
MiG
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing