NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in January, on my birthday some young kid decided to hit my beloved Jetta, Practically head on (he turned into me?!?!), killing the Jetta and almost me. I never thought it would be so hard to give up that little Jetta, and I am so sad to even think its being torn apart at the salvage yard. I took such good care of that little car, and even let it enjoy nice long car trips at wonderful german speeds. It was detailed often, always got premium gas, and mantained perfectly... other then the windows "dropping" all the time, it was good back to me too. I was about to hit 100,000 miles this spring. I was just driving down the street, heading to the post office, nothing was my fault... argh.

I miss it a ton, and the only thing helping me to get over this death, is my "new" 2001 techno blue Beetle GLS. Its not a Jetta, and I am still getting used to the small little engine, I will baby it just like my Jetta.

May my Jetta RIP and I welcome my Blue Beetle to my family.

My Jettas first road trip in spring of 1998.

One of the First times I drove my Jetta, back in 1998.

This was back in 2003, my best friend was giving me a hard time about being crazy about my Jetta, so I insisted on a picture!!!

I happen to capture a the big 77,777!!!

One of the last pictures, before they told me that it was totalled :(

Picture of the Jetta, right after it happened :(

Bye, my sweet little car, you were good to me!!!

This is my new baby!!!

My first day with the Beetle, January 2006

Beetles first bath and detail, with me as its momma.

Thanks to everyone for letting me vent. Drive safe out there, some kid could peel out of nowhere and try to hurt your little VW... Thank goodness they are safe cars and I was buckled up!!!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
thanks for sharing your story! i am glad to hear you're ok. your beetle is so pretty! welcome! :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FineExampl said:
Do you think you could move to New Jersey ASAP?
ummmm, why New Jersey, not that I am against the idea or anything... but... where are you going with this??? :rolleyes:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
...for blue beetles or redheads LOL???

I was trying to show off the car... hahaha
See?? Ya know me already!

two things everyone knows about Johnny is...Beetles...redheads....only things that matter in the world. :D

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for letting me vent, its frustrating because even though I am not a material person, EVERYONE knew I was nutty about the jetta. My best friend once brokeoff that little door lock plastic part (it sat really high, old school!!!) and its a $1.24 part (The car wash place broke one once and paid for the part) ANYWHO, Nicole didn't have the balls to tell me because she thought I would flip out. So for about a week, I drove around and no one told me... they just let me wonder. I replaced the plastic cover, and about a week later we were out drinking and My other best friend busted out laughing and telling me how worried Nicole was, and that she thought I would flip out.:rolleyes:

I Laughed because they understood that I was nutty about that jetta. But she should have realized she wasn't going to die for this $1.24 part.:p

I didn't think it would be so hard to say good bye to my baby, but I saw a VR6 GLX jetta III yesterday and I followed it on the freeway (because those IIIs have such nice tushes) and I couldn't keep up, my little 4 cylinder beetle wasn't hacking it. :(

Its such a sweet little bug, it was just purchased under such a sad situation. Hopefully with more time, little BB and I will start really hitting it off. We hit 60,000 yesterday and have an appointment at the dealership this afternoon for the tune up. Too bad they can't throw in my old engine... that VR6 moved, I miss the 172 HP... thats what the NB needs ;) Now how can we make it fit... :cool:

I will try to get more cute pics of my bug up after it has a bath.

again, thanks for letting me vent.

Breez:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot about this cute "tush" shot, as we all know, almost all VWs have awesome a$$es, and this pic is from when my friend and I parked next to eachother. My Jet Black Jetta looks sooooo cute!!! (Especially next to the bug) (Plus it was during the election in 2004, and we had matching bumper stickers, mine was on the window, because I wasn't in the mood to deal with goo be gone lol)

Thought I would share...

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
Wow! That's quite a story. Man, seeing the pic at the wreck site made me shudder. I can imagine how you felt. I'm just glad that you're okay. You're irreplacable. Thanks for letting us into your world. I must say you really have the love for the bug:bigthumb: So cool to have you hear.:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update :)

Hey everyone, its Breez.

I had to start a new account because I messed up and had my email as my member name... opps.

I was [email protected] before.

So I had contacted the admin and hadnt heard anything, and I would rather not have that as my name and since I just signed up, I thought, I better ust take care of it now.

The ones that "rep"d me before, please feel free with getting me established again.

I promise this one "Breez" is here to stay... I just didnt want my email to be the first thing you see.

Thanks for understanding.

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
Yo Breez,

It's been a while. Where have you been?:lol:j/k.
Glad that you've got matters cleared up with the whole admin/acct thing. Of course we understand and we do hope that you're here to stay:)

After all these years, I think I better do the right thing and become a member sponsor. That way I can give you a rep:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
scarabY2k said:
Yo Breez,

It's been a while. Where have you been?:lol:j/k.
Glad that you've got matters cleared up with the whole admin/acct thing. Of course we understand and we do hope that you're here to stay:)

After all these years, I think I better do the right thing and become a member sponsor. That way I can give you a rep:bigthumb:

Awesome, yeah, now that I've cleared up everthing and don't have my email as my membername, things are awesome.

You guys are stuck with me now, I gave my 15 bucks :D

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
scarabY2k said:
Sit down, take your shoes off. It's good to be stuck with you!! You're in good company. We'll make FineExampl behave:lol:.

Thank you sooooo much!!! I feel so welcome here ( When I had my Jetta, I went on vortex to ask questions, but you guys are sooooo wonderful, this is addictive, everyone is so sweet!!!):heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
Breez said:
Thank you sooooo much!!! I feel so welcome here ( When I had my Jetta, I went on vortex to ask questions, but you guys are sooooo wonderful, this is addictive, everyone is so sweet!!!):heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Yeah, us bug types are different cats. We're actually friendly:D.

And yes this home away from home, which we call the org, is very addictive. I'm here at work, doing a little OT and thought i'd check in before I go home. The wife-unit needs a little Val & Al time:). Gotta treat the misses right you know:). Still I don't think I can persuade her to sit down and watch '24' with me. Too much suspense to handle she says.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear you, I am not allowed to call or bother my boyfriend during "24" now. In the three years we have been dating (which has been interesting, because he's a republican and a honda nut, lets just say, we don't aways agree) I have called him once during "24" and he was a little "moody" about it.

:rolleyes:

Enjoy the Val and Al time!!!

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
I don't wanna rob your thread with all this "24" talk. Let me just say it's as addictive as our love for "the org". I guess i'll have to post a '24' thread.

The Al and Val time was a bit breif:(. We'll probably break away and do a weekend trip to St. Augustine.

By the way, what does your B/F think about your 'breez'?

·
CC + JB = TRUE LOVE
10,280 Posts
Sadness:(

Aw, Breez that sux! I'm so sorry about your Jetta, but like Al said, you are still here and you can thank your little Jetta for making that possible :) My accident wasn't nearly as bad as yours, but I was such a puss that I couldn't even stay to see it being put on the tow truck!! LOL Still makes me sick to think about it....:hurl:

But your NB is beautiful! I hope that you will come to love it just as much as your Jetta, may it R.I.P. :eek:

And welcome! Everyone is super, super nice here. We understand the psychotic obsession that goes along with owning a NB!! :crazy: LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts