·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Recently Jimmy and I took a 3000 mile round trip to the Tail of the Dragon and other parts of the south. Here are some pictures of our adventure.

On the way to Murfreesburo:

Lens Flares!

About to head to Bryson City on 74:

At the Ridge Top with some friends:

Driving the Dragon:

Bud Vase Detail:

After the Dragon, resting:

An unwelcome visitor:

Tunnel Hill in...Tunnel Hill, GA:

With the marker 2 miles north of Ringgold, GA, indicating the end of the Great Locomotive Chase, which I retraced during the trip:

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Nice! It was great to see you at the Dragon. Though I don't think we had much talk time. There were so many new faces to meet. From the 12 last year to the 43 cars this year...and the same amount of time...yeah...lol But non-the-less, I remember seeing your car, and I remember seeing you...though I'm not sure how much we actually talked. But the car looks great!!

Where did the cat come from? That wasn't at the Ridge Top was it? Hopefully it didn't slide down the hood or anything and cause any scratches!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don't think we DID get to talk. :( You're right, there were so many people it's hard to meet them all. That's just the nature of these events! :) Guess I'll see you in Roswell in 2011!

The cat was at my Grand-Aunt Ginny's house in Roanoke, VA. He (she?) DID slide down the windshield and part of the hood, but I have not seen any scratches that I know of, Thank God. Of course, I haven't washed the car since the trip yet.

But if there are minor scratches I'll just have to chalk them up to battle scars from the trip...

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
another tommy? :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
another tommy? :D
Took me a bit to realize you meant the tag in the bud-vase. Yes, that was carried over from my previous NB, which was named "Tommy."

At B&N the other day and had to take a sunset photo with the iPhone.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Haven't posted to the thread in a while! Jimmy turns one year old today according to his birth certificate. Built 2/4/2010.

We are having a very rare SNOW DAY here in Waco today, with about 3 inches accumulated from last night. I have the day off of work and I'm celebrating Jimmy's Birthday by NOT getting out and driving in the snow!

Meanwhile, here's a picture of the dusting he got!

Jimmy snow dusted by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Happy Birthday, Jimmy! We got 14 inches of snow during our recent "blizzard" and it is snowing again. We're supposed to get 2-3 more inches today. Another one of those winters we will remember for awhile. Jimmy is looking good in the snow, Cameron. I hope we see you all again real soon.

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,099 Posts
Happy Birthday Jimmy:D:D
Hopfull this crazy weather will be out of Texas soon so u can wash him for his birthday:D:):D

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
24 Participants
drag79stang
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing