NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone in Orlando can fill me/us in on Jingle Bugs Rock at Old Town December 4th. Supposed to be a Beetle event that afternoon and a short cruise around Old Town early that evening. A quick check of the calendar shows that to be a Sunday, so maybe a Saturday arrival, a night in a nearby hotel with dinner somewhere, and the GTG the next day. From what I understand it's a Toys for Tots event so we will be sure to find some Volkswagen toys to contribute for entry.

Now that Der Stuka is running like a scalded cat again, I am sure the drive back to Jacksonville that evening wouldn't be that much of an ordeal for Nurse Diesel and I. We also know a bunch of orgers in Jax who might make the trip as well.

Besides, I really want to cover my insect with Christmas lights. The Griswald Family Christmas Beetle! My goal is to be seen from outer space!

Chuckie

·
of red.
33 Posts
i did the event last year and its a blast. there are a mix of air cooled and water cooled bugs and alot of older air cooled dubs as well. the enrty is an unrapped toy( sorry for the spelling). if you let me know if u guys from jax can make it we will try and set up a gtg that night with the orlando .orgers

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We are in.

I really appreciate the info. Count Nurse Diesel and me in with Der Stuka. I will bring it up at the Bugs for Breakfast (No we don't eat insects) meeting we will have on 5 November and I am sure we will get a positive response. In addition, Nurse Diesel and I will be in MCO this Saturday night and will be staying at that Comfort Suites next door to "O Town". We will enquire as to availability and possible discounts for anyone who travels in for the event.

We DEFINITELY need to get the Orlando, Jax and Tampa groups together. We need to unite the Fl. Beetle population!

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Val and I are down for the trip, the GtG, the whole mishpacha!

Not sure as of yet if we'll be day tripping or doing the overnight thing. If boss lady has any say so (and believe me she does:eek:), we'll be staying overnight. Will keep you posted on that wise.

But we're in:bigthumb:

Here's a link pertaining to the event...CLICK HERE

·
Registered
64 Posts
U.S.Marines " Toys for Tots ". I'm in for this, for the Beetle group and being a former Marine. I know, always a Marine, not former, not ex. Just older. I do have an in the box new Beetle diecast that has the old Beetle and New Beetle side by side. Putting in the trunk now.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Das GTG

Vern, I can't imagine a NB GTG without you now! After the deluge in South Carolina, the power outage at the hotel and finding that 100 year old railroad urinal things just wouldn't be the same if we were Vernless. I just need to find an OD or camo beetle to give as a toy.

This time we are going to play Tic-Tac-Toe with pepperonis at the Pizza Hut!

Chuckie & Nurse Diesel

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just made a reservation at Seralogo Hotel for the 3rd. The event is on the 4th. We have inventory until maybe noon on the 3rd.

The rates are like 36.00 for a double bed and 45.00 for a king.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Das Hotel

I think Nurse Diesel and I are going to be staying at the Comfort Suites next door the night before (Saturday the 3rd) We have been there 17 times before and after our next stay we get another free night. Plus we like the poolside bar next to the secluded hot tub outside. It's less than 100 yards away from the Seralogo (between Seraloago and Old Towne) so we can pop next door and get in on the festivities as well. The room we get also has an in room Jacuzzi and Chuckie likes that! The FRS radios easily reach between hotels. Yes, I am a Geek.

We can discuss the Orlando invasion more Saturday at Bugs for Breakfast. Maybe some of the Tampa folks can make it as well as there is enough lead time to make plans now.

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talks

Good to hear. Will see you at B4B tomorrow morning. Wifey may not be there as her mom is having a garage sale.

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Not sure if Val will be there either. The young un is moving back with us, so we'll be helping her later that day. I think Val might be getting an early start assisting.

Anyhoo, Cup and I will be there. I tagged a CG nB near my job. Hopefully we'll have a new addition to the collective:)

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jingle Bugs Rock GTG

Hi Al,

Was cool seeing you and the Vern this morning at Breakfast. Just made our reservations for the hotel the night before JBR in Old Towne. We are looking forward to it quite a bit. Will get with you and Vern and anyone else who is going about when we are arriving in Orlando and where everyone is staying. We can use the radios between the hotels as they are so close.

Am heading over to the Pasco thread and discussing plans with Nurse Diesel as we speak for next weekend.

TT ya soon

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Hey Chuckie,

A good breakfast indeed- good seeing you and Vern as well.

I'll have reservations made for me and the wife-unit by Monday. Really looking forward to the trip.

Shonnel and Joey should be back from NYC sometime next week. I'm sure they'll chime in shortly thereafter.

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Looks like....... I'm gonna make it!!!! me and randi and tag teaming george! As long as everything goes right we will be sitting pretty in orlando on the 2nd!!! :D
j

:jawdrop:WHA???????

You're gonna make the roadie to Orlando:eek: Wow oh wow wow whooo! This is awesome news! Looking forward to meeting you all.

And Randi and George too?!?!? i'm gonna faint!

Totally awesome news! Hope your plans work out!

REMINDER:
Gang, don't forget to bring a toy for the event, ya know, toys for tots:)?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts