NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Above average
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still thinking to install a JL stealtbox in Limoni.
Does somebody has the stealthbox already in his NB ?
650 bucks without ampli is lot of money or does somebody know a reasonable option ?

Thanks

·
Village Idiot
76 Posts
I had one from my old (2001) beetle that I am actually selling. I would put it in my 2000, but I have a full custom box in that one. The Stealthbox rocks!!! GREAT bass and you still get to use your trunk. If you are interested in saving some money, I'd let mine go for $300 plus shipping. I just want to get it out of the garage. It's in perfect shape. It was only in the car for about 6 months before we sold it.

The only thing that is missing is the false floor piece, but that would be easy to make.

Hit me up at [email protected] if interested.

D!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The :guitar: JL stealthbox is a very good buy. Very good SQ and is still capable of 140 Db ! Hey 300 bucks is an excellent buy is that with the 10" W3 woofer ? :cool:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I had the JL Stealthbox in 2 of my bugs after seeing Dusty's setup. That unit rocks! I loved mine. I still have my false floor I think but I cut some holes in it so its no good. If I still have it, I can make a pattern of what the floor is supposed to look like. It's MDF board covered in gray carpet. You can pick up the board at any sound shop along with the carpet. Cut the board and spray with glue, put the carpet on and trim to fit. Instant false floor. I may still have the little trim piece that went against the bottom of the trunk too that covered the gap at the latch. I'll look tonight when I get home to see what I still have.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I still have my false floor with holes in it and the little trim piece.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would you be willing to sell/give me your false floor and trim?

I just installed ('03 TS) a stealthbox that the dealer pulled out of our old 2001 NB and some how we didn't get the false floor or the trim piece out of the old one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts