NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
I Love Hippos.
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like clean OEM-looking wheels, but at the same time, I like unique. =)

My boyfriend is the same. He's running 18x9 and 18x10.5 Cobra wheels on his S14.

I think I'm the first/only one who has these on an NB! I searched the Internet to try to find some pics, then resorted to Photochop.

Nobody's allowed to copy me now! You may but you have to pay me a residual! :D

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Nice rims!

·
I Love Hippos.
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So this was a strange weekend... I know I promised to get some pics after the sun came out on Friday... unfortunately the rain came first. Friday afternoon, Nubz had brown spots all over and looked like The Cheat.

I'll find some time this week to give Nubz a wash/wax after work... then I'll snap some nicer pictures.

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Gotta love the huffs. I told my wife I was going to steal hers of her GTI and put them on yelojkt a couple years ago, but the reply she gave me was not to favorable. She really liked her wheels. Now get that bug lowered. It will make those huffs look so much better on your bug.

·
Super Moderator
14,725 Posts
Beautiful! More pics, please! :D

·
I Love Hippos.
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now get that bug lowered. It will make those huffs look so much better on your bug.
Thanks for the compliments. :) I think I'm going to wait until it's time to replace Nubz's struts... then I won't have to pay for installation twice. :goodjob:

I might also opt for some wider rims... maybe I'm just used to seeing the 18x10.5's (265/35ZR18 Tires) on the S14... but these 18x8's don't look all that wide.

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
What size tire are you running? I run a 235/40/18 on an 18x8 rim with 38mm offset (I think that offset is right) and very rarely rubbed. But now that I have changed to coilovers and lowered the car a little more(about 1/4")I rub fairly often but mostly just at full lock on the inside fenderliners. I love where the tires sets in relation to the fender. Watch this video I took playing aroud with go-pro the other day and my son put on YouTube The video at the end shows how close you can get to the fender without actually rubbing.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeECOL5OU5M

1 - 20 of 115 Posts