NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's Junior! He's my new (to me) NBC. Mellow Yellow outside and a Black Leather inside. I absolutely adore this car!!! :)

Exterior:
16" OEM "Force" Wheels
Aspherical Heated DS Mirror
5000K HID Kit (Slim Digital Ballast)
3000K Yellow Halogen Fogs
Bosch Icon Wipers
VW Valve Stem Caps in Blue and White

Interior:
Heated Leather Seats
OEM Auto-Dimming Mirror

Mechanical:
6 Speed Tiptronic
2.0L Stock Engine

Future Mods:
OEM Auto-Dimming Mirror (Done)
New PS Mirror Glass
NBC Vinyl Decals (from volkylord) (Done)
NB Logo Monster Mats
Maybe New Rims... Someday :D

Attachments

·
>^..^<
586 Posts
Looking good!

Great pics!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's what they all say.... ;)
HAHAHA I know, right... I've been wandering around here and I'm already getting an itch to do something... Without stirring a controversy, I'm thinking of an HID kit sooner or later... Probably gonna get a tint job done on him too... :D Gah! I love it all!!!

Nnnnnnice!! :D If you ever feel the need, I'll take it off your hands, I could always use another yellow one. :)
LOL NO! He's mine! All mine! :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL well, probably to your liking, all of the hawkeye stuff is gone now... Transferred to dads new car. I'm rocking regular Iowa plates now. Only thing that is reminiscent of the hawks is the yellow and black color combo (which is why my step dad bought it) but anyways. I'm flying under the collegiate now...

Thought it was a good idea to be rid of the hawkeye stuff since I go to school in the Ames area near IA State lol... prolly woulda had the air let out of my tires a few times if I parked that baby on campus with all that black and gold gear... Prolly going to get personalized plates here soon though!!! SO excited about that...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:) Thanks. It currently has just a tick over 69K on it :p And yes, it is in awesome condition... only faults are the darn p2128 cooling system gremlin and, being it is a convertible, the headliner is starting to dismount from that little track that goes around the rear window... Other than that, spotless. I worship it lol... okay, maybe not worship it, but I certainly do love it!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
We didn't get any of that show here! Thank goodness. I'm not ready for it. The Beetle does pretty well in the snow, doesn't it? I've always felt safe and capable in mine.

Hello (again) from Iowan to another! We're pretty rare around these parts.

And oh yeah, duh, of course your Beetle looks great! :wave:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We didn't get any of that show here! Thank goodness. I'm not ready for it. The Beetle does pretty well in the snow, doesn't it? I've always felt safe and capable in mine.

Hello (again) from Iowan to another! We're pretty rare around these parts.

And oh yeah, duh, of course your Beetle looks great! :wave:
Thanks, Erin! I feel ridiculously safe in the beetle, which is a nice feeling! My old car didn't have side air bags or ABS, which is a must for winter driving in Iowa.

And I love how we are rare... it's like Iowan's are an endangered species... we should get some sort of special treatments for being so rare :p

looks like some 'nice' snow- if theres some kinda thing. Dosen't look like that nasty stuff- snow/ice. Junior looks sweet in the snow too:bigthumb:
The snow wasn't bad. It was a nice wet snow that made great snowballs and melted pretty quick in the upper 30 degree weather we had today. Most of the roads are clear with the exception of a lot of side streets in town and the ally's. I'm just waiting for the Ice storm followed by 2 feet of snow like we had last year... yikes!

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
Congrats, oceanjoe! :party: I, too, love your NBC! :clap:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
And I love how we are rare... it's like Iowan's are an endangered species... we should get some sort of special treatments for being so rare :p
Yes, what you said. :goodjob:

1 - 20 of 185 Posts