NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I heard was "Man, you gotta do it." So I did it...I forked over 700 bucks (2 programs + K&N filter)...and got ready to feel the boost. Didn't happen...sorry. Okay maybe a slight difference but the lag is still there and I've yet to get pushed back in my seat. I ain't inclined to go chasin more performance with down pipe and cat-back exhaust if this is typical return on investment. Not impressed guys.

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts
:confused: Dood, believe me, something is wrong, yer 'vert should be screaming down the road with almost 200 whp, you might be stuck in limp mode, call APR...last week I stayed neck and neck with a Maserati convertible and beat up a Z3 M convertible earlier this week...;)

·
triple dubness
794 Posts
yeah something is definitely wrong. My buddys Gli always goes "limp mode" when he hits it. Has to turn his car off and back on while rolling to reset it. He has APR. He has become a off-on pro, lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... I thought there'd be no mistaking the boost, so something must be off. I'll check into it...Thanks.

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
remember the ecu hast to adape to your driving style... try giving it a day and see what happens

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I'm impressed!

Okay...garage called and said he forgot to set the program (program 1 is stock program 2 is boost)...so I switched it and immediately got what I was looking for. Guess I'll be in the market for some tires,brakes, clutch soon!

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
hahaha thought something like that had happened. That happened to a buddy of mine.

He pissed and moaned about how crappy the car was driving. I got in it, set it for 93 oct and took a drive. Told him it felt fast as heck to me.

He got in it and dissapeared for nearly an hour. Came back with a giant grin on his face.

Don't feel bad it has happened to others :lol:

·
New to New Beetle
36 Posts
So how do you change the settings anyway, is it something you have to do with the cruise control arm? I'm just wondering cause I'd like to mess with mine to see how it would feel when I bought it.

·
6,525 Posts
dvious said:
yeah something is definitely wrong. My buddys Gli always goes "limp mode" when he hits it. Has to turn his car off and back on while rolling to reset it. He has APR. He has become a off-on pro, lol.
Me too. Happens EVERY morning, but you don't have to 'roll' with the ignition off, you just turn if off for 30 sconds at a stop light...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Now you know what we're talking about! If you get exhaust..think about Autotech (Ask Fowvay).

I remember having this setup before I went STG3. I used to get a nice resounding "POP!" at each gear shift when accelerating at or near full throttle! I don't get that any more...kinda miss it! Now I just change my shorts after most rides LOL! :D

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
2 programs + K&N for $700 ???

You posted that your package was for 2 programs and filter for $700.00.
Then you post that one was stock and one was boost...then you should have only paid for one program, right?
Didn't your car come with a stock ECU program?
Or did you mean something else; like the theft protection program?

Otherwise, you were ripped off.

·
Formerly Hazard143
240 Posts
dvious said:

mine does the same, it really pisses me off. im tinking i need a boost gauge, new n75, or a manual boost controler

·
6,525 Posts
According to my mods guy, it's just the ignition of extra unburned fuel exiting the exhaust, happens to me occasionally. While we're on this subject, I got HUMILIATED this morning by a Stage 3 Mark IV Jetta who came up fast on me from behind when I was going about 60MPH, I could not shake him off my tail, ARG! Hey APR guys, where are you, I gotta get to Stage 3?! :(
Still got the thumbs up from the Jetta guy...:D

·
6,525 Posts
kcomfort001 said:
So how do you change the settings anyway, is it something you have to do with the cruise control arm? I'm just wondering cause I'd like to mess with mine to see how it would feel when I bought it.
Turn the key (not all the way to start). Turn cruise control to 'ON'. Hold down the cruise button for about 10 seconds and u will see engine light on the guage cluster blink once every second about 4 times, this is for stock (dealer ;) mode, keep d holdign tteh butotn and it wil blindk twice every second about 4 times, this is for the 91 or 93 octane chipped (boost :cool: ) mode, I think 3 times is for 100 Octane (suppah faaaaaast :eek: ) and 4 times is for valet (suppah sloooooow :D ).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts