NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3rd New Beetle (my first AUTOMATIC New Beetle, boooooo...).
It has very low miles (under 125K) and a couple of mystery issues my other Beetles never had:

Sunroof tilts up/down just fine and does not leak at all. However, it won't slide open and the interior cover is stuck open as well. It slides about an inch forward and back but that's it. Feels like it's hitting something - any ideas?

The other is the leaks at either side of the back windows and after it rains, a horrible sloshing noise as it I'm carrying a couple half-full gallon jugs in the back... I've hunted like crazy but I can't find out where this water is accumulating although it sounds like it's right behind me.

Anyone's input would be very welcome!

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
It sounds like your spare tire well in the trunk is full of water. Your leak may be worse than you think..... I had only slight moisture, and now I have a useless, rusted jack. :( It may be the 3rd brakelight leaking. Common issue.

There is something jamming the sunroof. But, I'm no mechanic. :eek:

And, your car isn't "Candy White". That is a later VW color. It's more likely "Cool White". No matter, white Beetles are pretty! :)

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Thanks for joining us!!! :party:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered about which white it was - I couldn't find a way to look it up, so I took a shot. It's a very warm white though!
I'll check the wheel well too. I only checked when it hadn't rained for a few days!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Congrats on the new bug. As for the sunroof...the sunshade has metal guides the often break and jam things up. You'll have to remove the moonroof glass to get to the guides. If you arent worried about the sunshade you should be able to remove it from above and remove any debris/broken parts and the moonroof should operate fine once you reinstall the glass. You'll need a torx bit (maybe T-25 or T-30...but dont quote me on that lol)

Concerning the leak...it could be the plugs in the bottom of the spare tire well are missing or damaged. As stated above it could also be the 3rd brake light or even water leaking in through the antenna base and running down the C-pillars.

If the white on your car is almost cream colored then it is likely harvest moon beige.

If you search around on the org you should find a listing of all the color codes for the NB. I believe it is found on a sticker either in the glovebox or possibly the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
If the white on your car is almost cream colored then it is likely harvest moon beige.
Definately not. HMB was new for 2003, starting with convertibles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wanna trade? I have a 2000 red turbo, leather , sunroof 5 speed manual. 105,000 miles. I'm the second owner. Nothing wrong with the car other than my daughter hates the manual transmission. ;(

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts