VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newbie from Fort Myers, Florida.This purchase might of been a mistake! I have no history whatsoever, it has 108,000 miles. It seems to run good and shifts smooth. My question is what maintenance should i do ? The turbo, brake fluid, anti freeze, timing belt? This is going to be for local commute only. I,m not looking to turn it into a show car or anything, just a good reliable driver. thanks you and i real need some good advise!

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
Start with a new timing best and waterpump! Best to do both at the same time.

If it runs good and the clutch feels good, then just get the maintainence (TB/WP) done for good measure.

If your NB is a 6-speed manual, then yes, it's an S.

Welcome to the Org, and We Love Pics!! :D

·
Gustav
349 Posts
Welcome to the Beetle Turbo S Family.
I can not stress the importance of this enough!!!!!
Change the Timing belt and water pump it should be done EVERY 70K MILES! Since you have no history assume it was not done..... When the timing belt fails the valves in the head will be destroyed and will need to be replaced and if its bad enough the pistons will also be damaged and need replacement.......

You need to get your Turbo S on a regular maintenance schedule
Change your oil the 1.8T is prone to sludge build up and this will cause major malfunctions.
5w40 Castrol Edge Synthetic every 5k miles
Mann Oil filter W 719/30
Replace your plugs use only Factory plug NGK PFR6Q you can get them at any local auto parts store or on eBay change them every 40k miles. This plug is pre-gapped so just install it no need to mess with the electrode.
Replace you air filter use factory replacement MANN Filter C37-153

Enjoy your Turbo S feel free to ask questions I have a 2004 Beetle Turbo S with 115K I have been modifying the engine it now produces 300hp and is one of the funnest Beetle's I have owned in the last 30 years of VW ownership.

I am also in Florida if you are on Facebook stop by and check out our VW club https://www.facebook.com/groups/VWClubFlorida/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts