VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined the club! 2000 GLS TDI

I'm not one for naming cars, but my wife decided that she wants to name it "Pete Best" in honour of the Beatle that wasn't quite a Beatle.

Three things it needs: centre console latch, glove box handle, and an owners' manual. If any of you fine people can point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Welcome to the site:

1. center console latch: reproduction, made out of indestructible plastic with a lifetime warranty. (Beige, Black and Grey): Volkswagen Replacement Parts | FixmyVw They also sell; repair kits for the back of the lid and a whole new lid, if it is too damaged to fix.

2. Glove box; can be repaired but easier to replace. Someone, had a diy; on fixing a broken latch but I am having a hard time finding it. If anyone; can find it, please post it up!

http://newbeetle.org/forums/1-8-liter-turbo/55377-glove-box-repair-splitting-open-door.html

3. Owners manual; used on ebay or new from bentleypubishers.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@billymade Very helpful, thanks! I was hoping I'd just be able to purchase a replacement handle for the glove box, no such luck as I see it. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@billymade Black on grey, unfortunately. I'll keep my ear to the ground. (If you're reading this and have a grey one though, hit me up!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts