NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
beep beep!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 GLS 2.0 with 55,000 miles. Certified pre-owned, fabulous condition. Carfax is totally clean. This was a great deal and I'm so glad I found her! She's totally stock but "so fresh and so kleen!"

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Beautiful! Any new wheels planned? Maybe some tint? Of course, beautiful already, but even better with some tasteful additions! Have fun!! :D

·
beep beep!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks y'all! No mods planned yet. Tint is a strong possibility, perhaps some "sleepy" eyes for the headlights.

However, my last VW was a red GTI and the paint oxidized VERY quickly. I'm considering a clearcoat paint job... something to seal the paint up and protect it from the elements/sun. (Any suggestions?) My father does show cars and getting him to gun the paint wouldn't be a problem at all... I'd just have to do all the prep work.

As for a name... I've been calling her "my Buglet." No idea why, it just came out one day and stuck. LOL

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
It might already be clearcoated. Looks good for a year 2000, doesn't it? Even '98s that have been taken care of, still look good.

Keep her clean, and waxed, and she will look good for many moons! ;)

·
MoPic Rules
95 Posts
Congrats!

Very nice, and in the words of Chandler Bing, "Could that beetle be any MORE red?" Welcome to the club, looks like you made a very nice selection, All the best, Jerre

·
Bug me again!
2,758 Posts
From one red NB owner to another:
Congratulations!!!​
:clap: :bigthumb: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts