VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already posted this list in the Facebook group and got answers to some of the items, but I'll post it here too.
I need help with the non highlighted items.
Hi, I have just got my beetle today from a dealership after 7 years with a Twingo 95 which sadly I had to leave to my father and found many things that need to be fixed. If anyone can explain the reason and fix or answer for each one it will help me. It's a 2.0 2001 manual gls.
1. One of the headlights doesn't work. I will try to replace it. This I can manage.
1. Air bag light is lit, how to fix it?
2. Cruise control doesn't work.
4. Arm rest cover is broken and also its button.
5. The plastic inside is sticky. why is that?
6. Got only the valet key and not the master keys with the remote.Can I cut a master key of it? Can I program an new remote flip key?
7. Trunk handle doesn't seem to open the trunk.
8. Key can only open the driver's door but can't lock it.
9. Are there rear fog lights or they are just light reflectors? It's a US car.
10. Headlight switch house is loose.
11. Headrest is too low, It's the headrest with the hole. I'm 183 cm.
12. No rear wiper in the beetle?
13. Should there be an illumination for the air condition knobs? it's dark.
14. The mirrors adjustment control has 3 positions: left, right, and heating, but how you turn off the heating?
15. Is there supposed to be a rain sensing for the wipers in this model?
16. Any recommendation for where to buy parts?
17. Trunk light is broken. and there is another connector there I don't know its purpose.
18. plastic cover for where the rear passenger holding loop hangs is missing.
19. They say in the manual there is a special place above to store the manual but the manual is too big for this place.
20. Is there really a place for storing the rear headrests?
21. Is the trunk supposed to be covered by a rolling cover or solid one?

I can add other things I forgot:

1. Fuel door broken
  2. Many other plastics are broken

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
For the key; check out sidewinder.com and fixmyvw.com

VW Key FOB Programming Guide and Secrets, Troubleshooting and Repair

Keys and Key Parts | Volkswagen Replacement parts

Sidewinderkey.com

cruise control issues; the stalk can fail or you might check the fuse. #5 on the fuse panel.

http://newbeetle.org/forums/2-0-liter-gas/41505-there-cruise-control-fuse-anywhere.html

You might scan the car with a vw compatible scanner and see if anything comes up. I as having a problem with my cruise; intermittently not working (engine would jerk), it threw a code. I used a crc contact cleaner and it fixed it.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...q=new+beetle+cruise+control+lever+replacement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sticky & Broken Interior Handles

We created a solution for these problems which we sell on ebay or on our website Market Scan | Home. :)

We are not the cheapest priced beetle door handles available but we certainly offer the best product! Yes we take the time to create the perfectly molded shape to form the aluminum to the exact shape of the original trim!!

We do this so that you will be a happy buyer because you can install our handles with ease and not have to mutilate your door panels. Within a few minutes, four installation screws, you will love your new Beetle Bling. Whether it’s to dress up your car or fix a broken handle, ONLY ours are built to such tight specifications that allow for a perfect fix and attractive improvement.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
We created a solution for these problems which we sell on ebay or on our website Market Scan | Home. :)

We are not the cheapest priced beetle door handles available but we certainly offer the best product! Yes we take the time to create the perfectly molded shape to form the aluminum to the exact shape of the original trim!!

We do this so that you will be a happy buyer because you can install our handles with ease and not have to mutilate your door panels. Within a few minutes, four installation screws, you will love your new Beetle Bling. Whether it’s to dress up your car or fix a broken handle, ONLY ours are built to such tight specifications that allow for a perfect fix and attractive improvement.
There's some funky redirect happening. All I'm getting is a ad for market-scan, which contains no ad or link for a broken door handle fix. We need a cleaner link, without a primo for something not related to beetle parts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The build quality of this car is very bad.
I tried to replace the headlight bulb. The washer hose has just broken like a paper. And the electric wire insulation turns into crumble upon touching. Now the bulb wires are exposed and can cause short circuit.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sounds like the car was neglected and not a build quality issue. Don't get frustrated by the little things. Many have experienced the same or similar issues you describe and are due to vehicle age and owner/prior owner neglect.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not talking about maintenance issues.

It's the insulation that turns into a powder over the years. And many plastic parts inside just got loose even parts that you don't need to operate.

Now I put a new bulb in the morning and in the evening it stopped working and the glass of it blown I guess.

I don't know why it happened, but I hope it's just because of the exposed wires and not a bigger issue.

I found out the front suspension also knocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts