1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
krissyROCKSdotcom
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bug in November - just named her today! :D
She's a pretty Salsa Red TDI!
All my co-workers give me crap b/c of cold winters in OK;
and with diesel being harder to start and all - so they say.
NOPE not MY bug!
She fired up so easy this morning (14degrees),
so on the way to work I was trying to think of a name that ment small but mighty.
So today my bugger got named Rennye - meaning small but mighty!

So whats your car's name an why?

·
VW Junky
1,032 Posts
Hiya,Krissy!

To start things off,i LOVE salsa red;)
Rennye is a mighty fine name for your beetle.
I named my Nb Loui,it just fits:)

Can't wait for pics,Welcome..!

·
krissyROCKSdotcom
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya,Krissy!

To start things off,i LOVE salsa red;)
Rennye is a mighty fine name for your beetle.
I named my Nb Loui,it just fits:)

Can't wait for pics,Welcome..!
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the compliment! Im so excited!
This is the first car that I have ever LOVED - yes loved
I saw her on CL an my mouth dropped for I was hunting for a 06 TDI
I cant wait to get my personal touches done - but it will come with time!
This car is about as much fun as my motorcycle =) \

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome to the Org! You have come to the right place if you are looking for NB lovers. I hope to see you on the road. We live just south of you in Bixby. It took us a while to name our first NB but finally settled on Lily. I named the 2nd NB in the family before I even bought him. His name is Gandalf the Grey! I hope we get to see pictures of your TDI real soon. BTW, it's going to be even colder in the morning. Bundle up! :)
Welcome again and I hope you enjoy becoming a part of this great little NB family.

·
krissyROCKSdotcom
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the Org! You have come to the right place if you are looking for NB lovers. I hope to see you on the road. We live just south of you in Bixby. It took us a while to name our first NB but finally settled on Lily. I named the 2nd NB in the family before I even bought him. His name is Gandalf the Grey! I hope we get to see pictures of your TDI real soon. BTW, it's going to be even colder in the morning. Bundle up! :)
Welcome again and I hope you enjoy becoming a part of this great little NB family.
Thanks SixChuter!
Im in Bixby from time to time!
It's so great to be so welcomed!
Ive noticed owning a bug is much like owning a bike.
Those with the common vehicle are VERY kind and wecloming!

good names by the way!

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Welcome!

Yes, I have named my NB. I'm a bit of a nerd and named my Yellow beetle Psyduck (Pokemon). I figured Pikachu would have been too cliché :p My last car I was never able to come up with a name for it (it was a '97 White Jetta) but this one I started thinking of named before I even got him. But I figured Psyduck fits :p

Enjoy your new beetle, and yes! Post pics!

·
krissyROCKSdotcom
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome!

Yes, I have named my NB. I'm a bit of a nerd and named my Yellow beetle Psyduck (Pokemon). I figured Pikachu would have been too cliché :p My last car I was never able to come up with a name for it (it was a '97 White Jetta) but this one I started thinking of named before I even got him. But I figured Psyduck fits :p

Enjoy your new beetle, and yes! Post pics!
awesome! not too nerdy!
Im a Hello Kitty geek - so I understand
I will post pics once she is clean - she has dirt all over
thanks to the weather

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
I'm also a Hello Kitty fan...My rear view mirror of my Jetta was painted up by my bf so the back side of it was pink with a stencil of hello Kitty on it. Would love to do something similar with my NB mirror but I would have to find a spare mirror first and I doubt that's happening anytime soon.

·
krissyROCKSdotcom
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm also a Hello Kitty fan...My rear view mirror of my Jetta was painted up by my bf so the back side of it was pink with a stencil of hello Kitty on it. Would love to do something similar with my NB mirror but I would have to find a spare mirror first and I doubt that's happening anytime soon.
That is freaking AWESOME!
I keep trying to figure out how to mod the brake light covers to look like hello kitty or her bow - I dont want a peace sign one or a flower

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
My NB is Daisy.:cool: Welcome to the org!

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I've never had a problem with starting my NB or any issues with fuel gelling up in below zero temps. Have you checked out Fred's TDI Page. TDIClub.com. VW TDI Enthusiast Community for more TDI info? It's a good site although it's easy to get a little paranoid if you read the problems some owners have with their TDIs. Regular maintenance by a TDI mechanic is the key!!!:)

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Welcome to the org family! Glad to have you join us. You're in a good area of new beetle lovers! Matter of fact SixChuter is doing a great GTG in June- we're riding the Tailmena! Hope you can join us.

I must say this one thread that i don't mind getting coming up again. It sparks the thrill of us beetle nuts:cool:

We're a bunch of beetle crazies, just like you. And most of us have names for our beetles. My beetle's name is Buttercup. I'll let the chart speak for me:D

Attachments

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Al, has anyone ever told you that you're NUTS!:crazy: No wonder we're friends!!:D I saw a long car transport truck (is that the proper name for one of those?) on I-25 between Denver and Fort Collins with several Beetles and I freaked out! My mom was rolling her eyes....again!:p

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Al, has anyone ever told you that you're NUTS!:crazy: No wonder we're friends!!:D I saw a long car transport truck (is that the proper name for one of those?) on I-25 between Denver and Fort Collins with several Beetles and I freaked out! My mom was rolling her eyes....again!:p
Hmmm, i've heard it a few hundred times:crazy::lol:. Good friends indeed Cori:)

BTW, I've discovered a "Cuppy's" drive-thru coffee shop here in Jacksonville Beach. I'll have to take a pic for ya:D

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
A drive thru Cuppy's!! Cool! Does it have the same logo as the Cuppy's here?

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
2004 2.0L GL Cyber Green
4,674 Posts
My beetles name is Fiona, like Fiona from Shrek not Fiona Apple ;):p can you guess why?? :crazy: and she is frog themed, I need to get a pic of all her frog decor, I got a few new ones since Roswell :D

Oh and Al, I have to agree with Cori, but that's why we love you :heart:

Last but not least: Welcome to the org :wave3:

1 - 20 of 222 Posts