NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 03' GLS Convertible with only 16,800 miles on it. Snowbirds in Florida had this and another car in their garage for winter play. Love this little car but I have some questions.

1. The inside rear view mirror is very loose and I am wondering how to tighten it.

2. The emblems, front and rear, are faded and a little corroded so I want to replace them. They must be glued on and I am wondering the best way to loosen them to get them off.

I am enjoying your site and still trying to figure it all out. Thanks for any comments that you may have.

·
Beetle Cabrio Driver
54 Posts
I just picked up a 03' GLS Convertible with only 16,800 miles on it. Snowbirds in Florida had this and another car in their garage for winter play. Love this little car but I have some questions.

1. The inside rear view mirror is very loose and I am wondering how to tighten it.

2. The emblems, front and rear, are faded and a little corroded so I want to replace them. They must be glued on and I am wondering the best way to loosen them to get them off.

I am enjoying your site and still trying to figure it all out. Thanks for any comments that you may have.
Congrats and enjoy your NBC!

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
Pry the emblem off with dental floss, sliding it between the emblem and the car. It could take some work to do, but it's the best non-invasive/damaging way. Then clean the area with good soaking of GooGone and gently scraping with a popsicle stick and then alcohol to remove the GooGone. You can get new emblems of your choice on eBay for a good price.
Sorry, I don't know anything about the rear view mirror.
Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts