NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just some keys to a 2001 Beetle this car is SO! FUN! but I'm having problems out the gate. trunk, side mirrors, ABS, radio, and speakers i hope i don't have to cancel the deal dealer promises to fix everything has 75k miles i know a paid too much ($7200) but i needed a car ASAP! i just have one question. How do you know or find out if your Bug has an electrical problem? Do i go to dealer only or is it a few things i can do?

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
If you have the option to get out of the deal, do it. That's too much money, especially for a car with problems.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
If you need a car quick thats likely to have less problems, a Honda or Toyota is probably a better bet. You should not be spending that much on that car. Not by a long shot.

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
$7200 is way too much for a 2001. I paid $5000 out the door for my 2001 almost 4 years ago and everything worked. Walk away. You can definately get a better deal or haggle the dealer down by $3000 at least.

If all of that is wrong then I would pass it up. VW electrical issues can be tricky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts