VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just Joined, From Mass.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought a '01 Beetle 1.8T (turbo) automatic, blue(ish purple) :) hardtop. This car is very exciting to bring home it is the VW for me ever!!
It came with a EPC light on that that the seller/previous owner just refused to bring to the "stealership" one more time so they sold it to me, pretty cheap.
If someone can please direct me to the info i need to address this issue I would greatly appreciate it!! And enjoy moving on to the next thing... Thanks

http://newbeetle.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=145353&stc=1&d=1408326008[/IMG]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
It's your lucky day! You have a Batik Blue New Beetle! Pronounce it: Buh-teek Blue! Woohoo!

Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
Just Joined, From Mass.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked it up... and it is indeed batik blue metallic. I like it, it buffed out nicely. Thank you for your warm welcomes.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few more photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Just Joined, From Mass.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EPC Light Still On
Hi,
I replaced my brake light switch in an attempt to cure the EPC light. But just as before. six minutes after a cold start the engine shuts down. Upon restart the EPC light is back on again. The engine will reportedly continue on indefinitely after this restart.
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. And perhaps If I look in the right Thread in the Forum...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Mine has been on as well for a while. Almost everyone told me that it's the brake switch more than likely. I've changed the brake switch twice. No luck. I've also read that it could be a leak from a crack or the like in the brake vacuum hose. I put a new hose on yesterday. Light is still there. Honestly, I don't know if anyone can give you a straight solution, unless I just haven't found it after months of searching. Therefore, your the best is to have the vehicle scanned (diagnostic) and hopefully you can get answer from there.

My ABS and brake light is on as well as the EPC light. I don't know if you have this issue. From what I'm now hearing from some in my case is that my EPC light is on because of the ABS (my ABS control module isn't communicating). I haven't changed the module as yet so I can't say if that's the cause or not. I do not it is seriously aggravating because it is 90 plus degrees every day where I live and when the EPC light is on it means the AC compressor does not turn on :( Good luck. I too would be happy to hear what advice persons will offer, if any.

·
Just Joined, From Mass.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Follow-up on my EPC light issue

I have found the section of this forum that addresses technical issues. Since then I had used the scan tool and read this code P0322 (picture). Replaced the Crank Position Sensor (about $110.00) This solved my EPC light, stalling, etc.​
I noticed that there was some magnetic rust particles stuck on the tip of the sensor. I bet that cleaning it off would have saved me a hundred bucks and the aggravation of finding and unplugging the unit.​
It would be interesting to hear members experience with cleaning off the magnetic rust particles on the tip of the sensor and see if this alone solved the problem. The drawback would be removing the oil filter/draining the oil all over again if it didn't do the trick.​

http://newbeetle.org/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts