NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a big question. In the last couple of months, I have gone through the mill with the door lock module syndrome. Alarm going off, car won't start, blah, blah, blah Finally got the door lock module replaced and can open door without setting off the alarm. BUT.. only with the key. The new remote (which was purchased and programed at the dealer) will not work to open anything. My mechanic says that I need a new comfort control module in order for the remote to open the doors again. I looked on ebay and see that a seller is selling what he says will fit a NB 98-2000. I called a parts store (dealer) they say that this part is VERY specific and that I cannot order it EVEN if I give them the VIN number. I have to actually get the number off the part. Now here comes the fun part. From everything I have read, the comfort control module is located under the instrument panel near the steering column. The person I spoke to at the dealership said the comfort control module is under the driver seat! Does anyone know if the location depends on the year of the car? I am going to need to find the part and get the number before I can order a new part. Has anyone been through this and know? My NB is a '99 2.0.
Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have a big question. In the last couple of months, I have gone through the mill with the door lock module syndrome. Alarm going off, car won't start, blah, blah, blah Finally got the door lock module replaced and can open door without setting off the alarm. BUT.. only with the key. The new remote (which was purchased and programed at the dealer) will not work to open anything. My mechanic says that I need a new comfort control module in order for the remote to open the doors again. I looked on ebay and see that a seller is selling what he says will fit a NB 98-2000. I called a parts store (dealer) they say that this part is VERY specific and that I cannot order it EVEN if I give them the VIN number. I have to actually get the number off the part. Now here comes the fun part. From everything I have read, the comfort control module is located under the instrument panel near the steering column. The person I spoke to at the dealership said the comfort control module is under the driver seat! Does anyone know if the location depends on the year of the car? I am going to need to find the part and get the number before I can order a new part. Has anyone been through this and know? My NB is a '99 2.0.
Thanks! :confused:
I might be wrong but all numbers should show up on VCDS screen while reading OBD-II data for that module like here Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour: Single Readings

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Per the Bentley -

Why not simply have a look.

M.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,914 Posts
I would try to reprogram the remote. If you have a second key, you can do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts