NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Scrawny irish boy? lol Cead Mile Failte!
Welcome to the org!! And yes you will make lots of new friends here. Everyone is awesome! Not to mention helpful when you have any sort of question! :) :wave3:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
Welcome aboard!

A hearty Guinness toast to you then!

:yaya:

***Is it Feb yet? I can't wait to get back to Ireland!***

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
WOOHOO! Vortex Blue is my favorite - and it looks like a fair price. Congratulations!

·
WolfsburgEdition Advocate
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, its apparently some sort of limited edition hoo-ha....the dealer said something like 1 out of 100 or 200, but i know better than to believe a dealer on that sort of thing...but yeah, the colors neat, but when i saw a turbocharged engine with a 5 speed manual tranny, black leather interior, heated seats, and that neat little retractable spoiler, i was sold on it.

now to fix the cd player issue...

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
scrawnyirishboy said:
yeah, its apparently some sort of limited edition hoo-ha....the dealer said something like 1 out of 100 or 200, but i know better than to believe a dealer on that sort of thing...but yeah, the colors neat, but when i saw a turbocharged engine with a 5 speed manual tranny, black leather interior, heated seats, and that neat little retractable spoiler, i was sold on it.

now to fix the cd player issue...
Maybe 2000 limited, but it is a limited color....possibly 4000.

http://dehon.org/antoine/newbeetle/videos/vw-beetle-vortex.mov
Click above link to view the commercial that introduced your car/color to the world. Don't forget the coffee!

BTW Welcome!:cool:

-LE Colors-
Two thousand units (more or less) is the standard production run for all LE colors, except Citron, of which only 50 were made and I think they made a double run of Vortex Blue. They also released Vortex Blue on a few NBs during the 2000 model year, Gena (VW Vixen once owned one). Citron, by the way, is nearly indistinguishable from isotope and some argue that it is the same color. Here's a history of the LE colors by year:
1999 - Citron (like Isotope a glow-in-the-dark-esque green/yellow)
2000 - Reflex Yellow ("No.2 Pencil or School Bus Yellow")
2000 - Vapor Blue (very light blue/white "what happens when blue sees a ghost")

2001 - Vortex Blue (bluish perrywinkle "blue on ten cups of coffee") *a few 2000 NBs also made in this color
2001 - Mojave Beige (beige/gold, standard color in Europe)
2001 - Isotope
2002 - Snap Orange
2002 - Riviera Blue (teal green/blue)
2002 - Luna Green (very light green/white)
There hasn't been any LE colors for 2003, but VW introduced several new colors for the NB Cabrio.
2004 - Satellite Blue (lighter metallic blue, 1200 made)

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
The ad says "2001 Turbo S". Be assured, it is not a "Turbo S". Have fun with your impending New Beetle~ :party:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
mentalVdub said:
did somebody say guinness!?!? :crunk:
How I miss the proper stuff that we DO NOT get on this side of the pond.:(

Back on topic..........

Can't wait to see it all painted scrawny!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts